• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sheldorium2

Recruit
1 Badges
May 3, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
When I trying running the hip installer on my imac through the terminal command I get the following message:
imac2011:~ mark$ python "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/main.py"
python: can't open file 'Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/main.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
The path as described in the command definetly exists as I unzipped the whole package into my mod folder but it can´t seem to find it.

I still get the same message. However I looked into the ck2 folder again and it shows the following path in the bottom left:
iCloud Drive > Dokuments > Paradox Interactive > Crusader Kings 2. Could the iCloud part have something to do with it?
Sorry for the delayed response! If you are still having this issue, could you take a screenshot of what you see in your terminal? Thanks!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-27 um 13.09.08.png

Thats all I am getting

Hm, are you using iCloud Drive by chance? I believe if you are, you may have to use “/Users/[yourname]/Documents” instead of “~/Documents” in terminal. Maybe worth trying either way. Also make sure you point to the .py file as I imagine Python will error out if you give it a directory.

On my machine, I have to use “python3” instead of “python” as a command, but that’s probably down to running a different version. I’m not well versed enough to be sure, but perhaps try that as well? If that still doesn’t work let me know what submods you want enabled and I’ll compile and PM it to you.

I tried the differnt versions but with those it didnt even give me an error message just another ">" in the next line after hitting enter. It does say that the path to get to the paradox interactive folder starts with icloud Drive > Documents > Paradox interactive tho so that seams to be a part of it. I am not fully sure how Icloud Drive works tbh.

I am pretty much looking for everything regarding SWMH EMF and LTM tbh (Which I am aware is like basically everything at least gameplay wise). The maps really beautiful and I love the nerfed mechanics around empires.

Sorry, I don't use the forums that much. You should put the "Historical Immersion Project" folder and the "HIP.mod" file both directly into the "~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/" folder.

Sorry for bothering you again but could you give me some instructions of where to put the files? Still having some issues
I’m randomly seeing this and registered to answer. Make sure everything you extracted from the downloaded HIP file (called Frosty or something) is directly located in the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod folder. Make sure there’s a .py file among those extracted files.

Then try using the Terminal again where you copy and paste that line in the download instructions and hit enter. That should work. I ran into the same problem on Mac and had to mess around with it.

I’m randomly seeing this and registered to answer. Make sure everything you extracted from the downloaded HIP file (called Frosty or something) is directly located in the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod folder. Make sure there’s a .py file among those extracted files.

Then try using the Terminal again where you copy and paste that line in the download instructions and hit enter. That should work. I ran into the same problem on Mac and had to mess around with it.
I didnt have to use the terminal for some reason it just worked after I put everything into the mod folder. Which is weird because all the other mods I have just have a .zip and .mod file but hip just works after I put the .mod file and the entire 400mb folder in the mod folder.