• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Toldi

Private
18 Badges
Feb 9, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hi guys! I have a short question.
Is it possible to run HIP with Les Trois Tours/The three Towers mod? Has anyone managed to run these two mods together?

You can do it WITHOUT EMF module. I would be however very interested in making it work with EMF, but that would require a patch to fix some problems, regarding some events, buildings and CB's. The problem is, I am not skilled enough with modding.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have instaled HIP without EMF and started game with L3T, but sometimes game crahes. What is possible reason?
Sometimes game crashes without any mod, it doesn't have to be mod related. Mods do make it more likely, sine they add a lot of content, and demand more power form the computer to manage it all... It could be due to RAM, large number of characters, hardware of your computer, or anything really. Sometimes even game freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del if I click on stuff too fast.

So... How often is that sometimes?

Previously i was playing only with HIP + in heavens graphics overhaul + Immersive holdings and there were no issues like this. Latlely i started playing with Comprehensive Annals of Five Dynasties. You are right, adding L3T to all of this may cause problems :V
Crash occurs once every few / over a dozen years. I have to disable some mod :(

And what mods are You playing with?

Well, once every few years is not that much, at least not for me. I would pay that price for having a good mod setup. I also save. A lot. Like really a lot. 20+ save games for each campaign I play, I start rewriting the old ones only once I am well past those years.

HIP & In Heavens? Does that even work? I remember I used to use In Heavens but since a while it's not compatible with HIP, or am I mistaken. I will go back to it immediately, id it is working.
Basically I use HIP + Immersive Religious Holdings / miniHoldingsMod(that was the original from which one Immersive Religious derived) and my own personal submod, which is just some histories, nicknames, names, bloodlines edits for HIP.. crashes sometimes, but not very often. I can play 6-8h without a crash, although I rarely have time to do so, usually it's 1-2h at best.

It is possible to play Hip with In Heavens. I've read about this on some subforum. To make it cooperate you must download right version of In Heavens and delete one or two files from there and it is working just fine.
Unless.
Unless you play with some mod extending map (like Comprehensive Annals of Five Dynasties) This causes some problems with textures and it's not so beautyfull then.

I'm using hip and l3t for several years and didnt notice any problems. Am i missing something? Any features of EMF etc?
Probably. I haven't done extensive moding or research, but form what I've seen and what Arko posted it seems to be that there are several files that overlap. Buildings, Events, Casus Belli's and few more.. which means that one overwrites the other, so something is certainly either overwritten or bugged.

Reactions:
It is possible to play Hip with In Heavens. I've read about this on some subforum. To make it cooperate you must download right version of In Heavens and delete one or two files from there and it is working just fine.
What files did you delete? I am using the lite version and the author even mentions that deleting colourmap_water.dds would work. (And it dint work for me, green pastures in Arabia looks wrong)

Attachments

• 20200515015148_1.jpg
    20200515015148_1.jpg
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
OK; I figured it out. You have to delete "colourmap_water.dds" AND "colourmap.dds" from the InHeavens Carthographic mod, and that will make it work with HIP... One is water texture overlay, the other is landmass texture overlay. You basically have HIP map with vanilla carthographic overlay if you leave one. DO NOT delete "colourmap1.dds" !!!

BUT, it will still be off, closer to Carthographic mod, but not quite. However I figured out a way to make it work, but I need a few days to work on some files, and I'll share them

Reactions:
I am realy sorry i didn't answer Your question, i had few difficult days.

What files did you delete? I am using the lite version and the author even mentions that deleting colourmap_water.dds would work. (And it dint work for me, green pastures in Arabia looks wrong)

I've read, that it is impossible to play HIP + In heavens Graphics overhaul. I have tried and game have crashed at loading screen.

It is possible to play HIP + In heavens Graphics overhaul lite after deleting those two files, wchith You have mentioned: "colourmap_water.dds" and "colourmap.dds". I also read to delete the file "ice.dds" to improve mountain area appearance.

Are we talking about "In Heavens Graphic Overhaul" or about "In Heavens Cartographic Map"? Because those two are completely different mods. I mean they do the same thing, graphic overhaul of the map, but look quite different...
Using Cartographic and HIP together is possible and it works without any errors, that I know of, only it looks ugly. Like two different maps interposed one on another, because that is what it really is, texture from one map put over the other map... however, if you delete the mentioned files, then you get the map that doesn't look exactly like the original Cartographic mode map, but something like that... however, with some basic skills and knowledge you can make it look (almost) exactly like how Cartographic was intended to look.

In Heaven's Graphic Overhauld I haven't really tried, but from what I have seen it adds or changes quite more things so I guess it is either completely incompatible or requires some extensive modding to make it work with HIP.

I guess you could install HIP without LTM module (that is another map retexture) which would leave you with vanilla looking map,and then put IH's Graphic Overhaul on top of it. Not sure how and if it would work with SWMH map, but I assume it should not work flawlessly because SWMH not only adds provinces, but changes the map (no India) so dimensions are different, and you would probably end up with the same problem as with Cartographic + HIP textures for two different maps being put on top one another. However, I never tried and tested it, so you should really try it and see what happens.