• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem-Johan.jpg

Japan isn't interesting because it was an unimportant backwater until the 19th century. I don't know why you would defend Japan, especially the Sengoku period, as deserving of representation despite having several major games, when the wide swath of Chinese history is completely ignored by the Western game industry.

I don't gauge my interest in history based on how "important" (what a meaningless word) something is. And anyway, your post as written is patently untrue, because that "unimportant backwater" strained the resources of Joseon Korea and Ming China to their limits for seven years.

I will certainly agree that Chinese history is neglected in comparison, but games about either China or Japan are still a tiny fraction of those about Europe.

I don't find most of Japanese history particularly interesting, but not because it doesn't "prominently feature white people" (which is a very silly and insulting thing to say). I am way more familiar with the post-Meiji Restoration era, which is one Paradox probably won't be depicting in this game (if it is about Japan at all).

After DW, i have had my Japan dose for now, so i hope Glory is not about that...
Sun does not necessarily mean Japan. I would hope for an ancient Greece game... The Aegean is sun-bathed and as for swords, there was a lot...
I have to say that my first thought when i read "sun", was not Japan, but ancient Egypt or some other middle-eastern civilization, but i then remembered they did not actually use swords but rather scimitars and clubs. So, now i hope for a bronze-age Greece game !

Macedonia's flag has a sun...

Play as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and manage the delicate intricacies of Balkan politics in a modern-day scenario.

Would not buy again.

2 of our 5 series actually only have parts of the world on their map... CK and Rome.

Yes,but it could still be said those are both perfect settings for the games as the part of the world not on the map were not really relevant for the respective eras: so anything like that would still be awesome. Unlike a focus only on,say,feudal Japan,leaving out next door neighbours Korea and China. :p

Thank you so much for that hint,though-this tells me more than glory,swords,and a shining sun put together! :D

I didn't 'carelessly dismiss' anything, I simply don't find a part of history interesting to explore. Just like I don't find the exploration and colonisation periods uninteresting.

2 of our 5 series actually only have parts of the world on their map... CK and Rome.

Yes, the interesting parts of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.