• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping ancient era.

Not classical Greece, that's been done to death in my opinion. Even Paradox's own EU:Rome touched on that. I would prefer to see Egypt, Babylon, the Hittites, the Mycenaeans etc.

Asia would also be nice.

Classical greece done to death? There is Spartan, and then?

That game was totally awesome.

I know, right?

[video=youtube;CHcoemBuUZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHcoemBuUZ0[/video]

Actually if this new game was a remake of North & South, then it'd probably be awesome. :D

It just won't be a sequel nor an expansion. It doesn't mean that it won't be a spin-off!

And those who want an ACW; How fun will it be playing 2 different nations... really?
Very fun, actually, but we already have AGEOD (aka Paradox France) for that. If PON was already out and it hadn'y been said that it isn't a sequel, I could see it being AACW2, but no.

I know, right?

Actually if this new game was a remake of North & South, then it'd probably be awesome. :D

N&S was awesome.:cool:

Most likely it will be another grand strategy game, not 'scenario game' centred on limited timeframe/area. My bet is on Dark Ages period, as it wasn`t already covered by paradox.

Since the game is supposed to have swords I doubt ACW is a likely candidate. That would make ancient pre-Roman period and Dark Ages stand pretty favorably. I'm guessing for DA game, since that's been the most wished setting for a new game for pretty long now, and Paradox has tendency to make what the community hopes for.

Something that would IMO be cool would be either a fantasy grand strategy game or a sci-fi grand strategy game. :D
(none of those does necessarily include the Svea Rike and they can both have swords (thugh admittedly fantasy games can't have mines))

I know, right?

[video=youtube;CHcoemBuUZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHcoemBuUZ0[/video]

Yes this Game was fabolous. And it was based on one of my favorite Comic books, called "Bud & Chester", as i was young. Later it was rereleased as "Die blauen Boys" -> The blue boys. In USA, the were called "The bluecoats".

God, those comics were so funny. Bud, Chester, Captain Starky, or bad Cockroach from the South. :D

Here some pics...maybe some will remeber them:

bluecoats-1024x789.jpg

Bluecoats2.jpg

5yu9ky.jpg

2v1nbb7.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Tuniques_Bleues

No Sweden? I am guessing no Denmark either, then! But considering Johan's remarks about ambiguous hints, I am certain he is talking about a playable Sweden and a possible AI Sweden, obviously.

But Scandinavia? Who knows? Time will tell! Also when I break into their office.

I'm surprised none of you made the comment that the first Sweden king which has a regnal number, and was perhaps catholic, according to wikipedia, is Eric Stenkilsson (Eric VII (or VIII)). And strangely enough, he take the power in... 1066. What about a game that last from the late antiquity to 1066, filling the gap between EU:Rome and CK2? The only games that would left to make a series lasting during all the history would be 1815-1836 (why they did nothing about it?), the Roman Empire period, and the Alexander the Great and before.

Oh my goodness! I've figured it out. I cannot believe it did not occur to me earlier:

Project Glory, Glory for Ulm. They are making an Ulm game. Even this Sweden hint makes sense; they are dead in Ulm's scenario!

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but Paradox is big enough to support three internal teams? I hope you guys aren't spreading yourselves too thin...

Out of curiosity, which teams worked on which games so far? Do you guys take turns, or do you have a main team and then a secondary team that works on expansions?

Status
Not open for further replies.