• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alexecuted!

Private
24 Badges
Mar 4, 2019
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I'm Alexecuted! and to say I'm loving this game is an understatement. I'm trying tok roleplay as a bad guy as not many games let you play someone villainous, so-

1. How do I build fleet strength reliably? I never seem to have money for it. These xenos aren't going to enslave themselves!
Well, they might, but it lacks the gravitas of my empire.

The second question is for the devs!

2. Can we pleeeeeaase please please get an information log? Ya girl lost a precursor anomaly in the vastness of space and it was the last one I needed!

Thanks y'all!

Hello Alex. I have to get reuse to 1.7 since I am in 2.2 mode lol. I believe if you build star bases that brings up the fleet cap. I also believe the more population you have, it increases the cap a small amount. Only other way I know of as well is research the techs that allow you to increase your fleet cap. If there is other ways, I need to learn them as well. :)

Research new tech and modify the ships. Keep a good note that damage isn't everything. Compare stats and make mods to your fleets. Sometimes a strong ship with good shields will take on the highest power. Have fun with it and remember ALWAYS play on ironman mode.

I mean, how do i make ships extra killy?

I am sorry, thought you were talking about fleet cap. One thing you need to do is once combat is over, look at the recap screen and see what the enemy are using. Are they using energy weapons? Then you need more shields instead of armour. Do they have lots of shields? Then instead of using energy weapons you need more projectile weapons. Not sure if missiles help or not, but they can be shot down then.

It's basically rock/paper/scissors. Sometimes making a "take all comers" won't do good UNLESS you have tons of ships to over power the ships.

I can't remember, but there is something about "naked corvettes" and just tons of them. Cheap to make and just over power the enemy. Not sure if that works on the console edition.

Hope this helps.

There is a situation log on the left side of the screen. It's one of the first 4 buttons I believe. There you can see your various events and anomalies by expanding the arrows. It also gives you the option to zoom in at the location of those anomalies as well as track them on the map with a yellow ping border. Hopefully this helps!
The log doesn't cover anomalies.

Hi, guys! Can you explain me few things about game?
  1. There are two achievements related to robots. Do I need some technologies for creating pops with robots?
  2. One of my factions needs to build synthetics like another empire. How can i do this?
  3. Recently I researched technology for modifying races, but the race settings screen told me that I need "genetic points" (I don't really know how it's called in english version of the game). How can I earn it?
  4. As I understand, there is no way to see ships templates of other civilizations, am I right? So, how can I build efficient ships? Any tips for ship templates for beginners?
  5. Some of achievements related to the future DLCs, am I right?
Thank you!

Hi, guys! Can you explain me few things about game?
  1. There are two achievements related to robots. Do I need some technologies for creating pops with robots?
  2. One of my factions needs to build synthetics like another empire. How can i do this?
  3. Recently I researched technology for modifying races, but the race settings screen told me that I need "genetic points" (I don't really know how it's called in english version of the game). How can I earn it?
  4. As I understand, there is no way to see ships templates of other civilizations, am I right? So, how can I build efficient ships? Any tips for ship templates for beginners?
  5. Some of achievements related to the future DLCs, am I right?
Thank you!
I'll speak a bit to #4. I'm no expert, in fact, you could say I don't know what I'm doing. So I'll just regurgitate what others have said to me when I asked similar questions on discord.

You are talking about achievements, so that limits your options as far as learning your enemies ships. Having a wide variety of weapons available and possibly pre-made load outs will help when you kick things off.

What I would do is set a a sacrificial lamb. When the war kicks off, send the corvette into battle and let her do whatever she can before she is destroyed. Pause the game, then look at the battle report to see what they are using. Heavy shields? Use weapons strong against shields. Sporting lasers? Defend your ships accordingly.

A good generic load out I've seen from someone on discord is a staggered approach. Send Corvettes with torpedoes in first as a meat shield, follow up with destroyers that have shield removing weapons ion disruptors and follow them with cruisers with plasma weapons to take advantage of the downed shields. If you have battleships, load them up with your heaviest nasties. Adjust for your fleet make up.

Like i said, I'm not a trustworthy source. But this is some of the advice I have been given.