• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spartakus

I'm Spartakus
53 Badges
Feb 22, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings III
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
So, a little more then two weeks ago my life got changed considerably. My wife gave birth to a beautiful and healthy daughter.
And since the little one still spends most of the day napping, and seems to like to do this on daddys lap I thought I might as well play a few games in my favourite fictional universe. MW5 turned out to be disappointing and having a newborn on my lap tends to not leave more then a mouse hand free Ifired up HBS:BATTLETECH one more time, this time determined to go through the main campaign on my terms - in other words: modding my years old pet peeves out of the game.
This means:
  1. Flashpoints active during the campaign
  2. no dynamic difficulty as I progress into the campaign. Planets should have a fixed difficulty as they do in the career
  3. Enoughof these silly travel restrictions

So far it's looking quite good. I'm still experimenting a bit, but the difficulty seems to work fine. I can travel the unclaimed space from the beginning (necessary as the four starter worlds are a bit tough now) and the whole map after Axylus. I think I've succeeded with the flashpoints too, but I've moved this point further back since some of them require the Argo and Farah.

Life is good.

PS: I've looked for mods that do what I want but ended up writing my own. The "removed stroy difficulty boosts and planet difficulty variety" mod I've found doesn't work in the latest version and "Hydes Rim" I couldn't get to work at all. But since I've read that Hyades Rim makes extensive use of drop weight limits it's propably not for me anyway.
PPS: I'm running the JK_Rarity, accurate to-hit percentages and Better AI in my campaign and here is a huge THANK YOU for the makers of those

• 6Like
Reactions:
Curiosity about your PPS: What do those mods actually do?

Congratulations! I trust mom and daughter are healthy, happy and thriving. :)

I‘ve been diving deeply into mods myself, currently BT Extended: Commander’s Edition is my MechFix of choice. :bow:

• 1Like
Reactions:
PS: I've looked for mods that do what I want but ended up writing my own. The "removed stroy difficulty boosts and planet difficulty variety" mod I've found doesn't work in the latest version and "Hydes Rim" I couldn't get to work at all. But since I've read that Hyades Rim makes extensive use of drop weight limits it's propably not for me anyway.
PPS: I'm running the JK_Rarity, accurate to-hit percentages and Better AI in my campaign and here is a huge THANK YOU for the makers of those
You need Modtek 0.8.0 for HYR to work.

Curiosity about your PPS: What do those mods actually do?
JK_Rarity changes OPFOR composition according to some faction specific rarity tables. Urbanmechs in the OPFOR are fun and pretty deadly in early game. One of my Shadow Hawks is in the mechbay for a while thanks to a Liao variant I couldn't eliminate fast enough.
Real Hit Chance (which is actually the name of the mod I'm using, oops) makes the UI to display exactly that.
1624075633423.png

and better AI by @Amechwarrior is self explaining, but for more details: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/mod-release-better-ai-tweaks-for-deadlier-ai.1075322/

As a last change, I tweaked the first mission (Three Years Later) so that I get full salvage. This has been bugging me since the game came out.