• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Herr_Robert

Captain
27 Badges
Jun 13, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
The tournament will start so long as we can get at least 16 players to sign up, but preferably up to 32 along with some reserves.

2g982qo5.svg

Prize
The winner will be given €40 (Paypal required), or can chose Steam content worth €40.

Required activity
To make the tournament progress smoothly, you have to be able to play at least one game per week. If a player in the first round doesn't show up for a week, his spot will be given to a reserve. If a player in one of the following rounds doesn't show up for a week, the player who lost to him in the previous round will be given the chance to take his spot. Ideally, no one will get a free win because his opponent doesn't show. For this reason, it's important to contact me if you are unable to reach your opponent, so I can either help you get in touch with him or determine who's fault it is.

Game rules
The games will be played on Conquest with standard settings. Each round will be a Bo3. Player A gets to chose faction or map in the first game, and player B gets to chose faction or map in the second game. If it goes to a third game, Cointossr will be used to determine who gets to chose faction or map.

Player 1 bans one map.
Player 2 bans one map.

Player 1 choses faction/map.
Player 2 choses what's left.

Player 1 bans one of player 2's divisions.
Player 2 bans one of player 1's divisions.
Player 1 bans one of player 2's divisions.
Player 2 bans one of player 1's divisions.

Replays
After games have been completed, the replays have to be submitted by the winner, either to me personally, in this topic or on Discord. You have to be able to prove that you won. Replays can be uploaded here: http://sd-replays.net/replay-list

Disconnects
Getting disconnected from the game will count as a loss if more than 1 minute has passed, unless your opponent agrees to a rematch. However, if it seems like the disconnect was intentional (because of a poor start, for example), it will be judged as a loss anyways. Finally, if one player has such a big lead that it's impossible for him not to win, he will be given the win even if he suffers from a disconnect.

Draws
If there is a draw, the game will be replayed with the same divisions on the same map.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_d8ZRX_-53uetBYa1Lmnj9R7bm4JErFNhreAKSFEhxc/edit#responses

Discord link:

https://discord.gg/fZvf9qd

Last edited:
I'm happy to announce that we already have 16 players! Many good players have joined, and I hope that we will be able to gather all of the top players in SD.

I just hope that compared to Paradox tourney this time Fussel, the 6 foot 8, OH MY GOD,freak of nature will be coming down the water slide at 95 miles per hour, butt naked, fully vaselined from head to tippy-toe,ready to knock every single SD 44 top player out of the competition.

And btw,why Conquest,why not the official ranked mode ?

I just hope that compared to Paradox tourney this time Fussel, the 6 foot 8, OH MY GOD,freak of nature will be coming down the water slide at 95 miles per hour, butt naked, fully vaselined from head to tippy-toe,ready to knock every single SD 44 top player out of the competition.

Fussel is in, and i'm sure he will enter tryhard mode not to disappoint you!

And btw,why Conquest,why not the official ranked mode ?

Because I think Conquest measures skill better than Closer Combat. It will also be fun to play 1v1 Conquest again (although I'm better at the Closer Combat mode).

I am no top player, but I'll watch :)

Feel free to join anyways, if you like. Anyone is welcome to sign up!

32 players have signed up, so I have released the bracket. Everyone can go ahead and play their games now!

If you didn't make it into the tournament, feel free to sign up anyways. Reserves are needed if someone doesn't show up for his first round.

I'm adding another rule, which will be in effect as of round 3, to make it fair for those who are still in round 1-2. Each player will be able to ban one map each, with player 1 (the player who choses faction/map) picking his ban first. The map bans will take place before the division bans.

Congratulations to player for winning the tournament after beating Fussel 2-0 in the finals (there was a draw as well)! Third spot went to włochatypająkulec who defeated Dnestr in the bronze match.