• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Humbug

Sergeant
3 Badges
Mar 30, 2010
  • Dungeonland
  • 500k Club
  • Achtung Panzer
Ran into this quite nasty (but funny!) bug earlier. It happened in DM mode as stage 2 was loading. The screen went all black for the DM and the two other heroes, while the third hero (me) lost connection to the server. Upon reconnection it took a 1 minute or so before the stage loaded properly upon which point I noticed that the screen wasn't focusing on my character. What had actually happened was that it had made a clone of my character which I could also control. By running into a wall eventually my hero and my clone met up which meant the screen was centered again and I could run around with two mages next to eachother.

Here's a picture. Notice the two blue mages on the screen combined with 4 hero health bars. Unfortunately I forgot to save a log right after it happened, but I can attach one anyway if that helps any.

SnwqWcU.jpg

Upvote 0
I had the same (or a very similar thing) occur to me, also in the DM mode, stage 2. One of us heroes lost connection mere instants before we completed the first stage. He never managed to reconnect. After the stage had loaded for me, me and the DM (the only 2 players left) both had a black screen for roughly a minute, except on my end there was a slight difference: I could very faintly see the stage already, and the camera was focused on a rogue bot (our other players replacement) who was progressing through the game normally (killing mobs and everything). The DM could hear this happening, but couldn't see a thing and thus couldn't stop this rogue rogue. After some time, this black screen lifted and I got into the game, accompanied by a rogue bot and a mage bot; but the rogue rogue was still in the game and quickly returned to meet up with us. I actually had fraps running, and will post video of events after that point in the morning. I also have video of the time when the screen was near black, but in the recording it is too dark to see anything.

Here's the clip.
[video=youtube;PCYHCkHDvhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCYHCkHDvhU[/video]

Note that unlike in Bluesummers situation, because the extra character is a bot, it acts completely independently. Note also that it does not receive health from food or checkpoints.