• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Synergy2255

Corporal
May 5, 2020
Heritor Secret Tech
I noticed that the Heritors don't have a Entropy focus mod that changes the damage channel from psi to entropy and applies energy drain much like the unit mods that changes the damage channels from psi to thermal or to bio chemical for syndicate and kir'ko could you add a unit mod like that to the Heritors tech tree since Syndicate and Kir'ko both use PSI as a weapons group for an example you could have a Kir'ko Hidden doing entropy damage instead of PSI damage by giving it an Entropy focus mod and you could have a Syndicate wraith doing Entropy damage

Reactions:
I think this is about PlanetFall, so over there we go.

Reactions:
well the thing is, the mods that chance psy damage to thermal and bio are in the Psy Damage tech tree, not in the Secret Tech tech tree, much the same as the Firearms mods that change firearms' kinetic damage into either arc or thermal. There is no precedent for a Secret Tech mod to change damage types, at least not yet.

Reactions:
well add it into the heritor tree, just because there's no precedent doesn't mean that it can't happen, i mean seriously it's a whole new damage channel that doesn't follow most of the games conventional rules, makes sense that there would be mods outside the norm

Reactions:
well add it into the heritor tree, just because there's no precedent doesn't mean that it can't happen, i mean seriously it's a whole new damage channel that doesn't follow most of the games conventional rules, makes sense that there would be mods outside the norm

I think the bigger issue is that this would put a mod in Secret Tech tree that is useless for 4 out of 6 factions that do not use Psi damage channel as well as for the Heritor units.

Plus, not every weapon tree gets ability to turn into every other, which is probably also a conscious decision on devs part - Firearms only get Arc and Thermal alternatvies, Bioweapons anly get Arc alternative, for example. Psi was lacking a focus that would change into Arc even before heritor became a thing. If I were to guess it is part of balancing process, to ensure that while having an amount of flexibility, there is no unit that can be modded into every damage channel.

Reactions:
well then change the t1 mod that already gives energy drain to change the units main ability to an entropy attack. there would have to be a bot of balancing but it could work, and there needs to be some way to do that since there a bit of a compatibility issue with the heritor units, if you play with them you tend to want to use only them since with the way the units are balanced you end up wanting to have a heritor only army since they work so well together and don't play well with a lot of other units, at least in my experience

Reactions:
Oh? Change the t1 mod so it changes the damage type to Entropy? In that case let's change the initial mods of all secret techs to change damage to their particular fortes!
Promethean get thermal, Xenoplague get bio, Psynumbra get psychic, Voidtech would get stagger-inducing but lower damage kinetic, Celestial would get MORE Psychic damage. WOULDN'T THAT BE FUN TO BALANCE? Imagine Vanguard Walkers with Psychic damage and Celestial defense mods, both on their attack AND THEIR MISSLES!

in case you missed it this was sarcasm

• 1Like
Reactions:

Oh, thanks. My sarcasm detector is without batteries and i can't go to buy a new charger :p

WOULDN'T THAT BE FUN TO BALANCE?

If you must do the balance? No. If you don't need to do the balance? Who cares in that case, let Triumph earn their money :D

But more seriously now, the idea is not that bad. Also many people want to put as many damage channels as they can on their units :)

Oh? Change the t1 mod so it changes the damage type to Entropy? In that case let's change the initial mods of all secret techs to change damage to their particular fortes!
Promethean get thermal, Xenoplague get bio, Psynumbra get psychic, Voidtech would get stagger-inducing but lower damage kinetic, Celestial would get MORE Psychic damage. WOULDN'T THAT BE FUN TO BALANCE? Imagine Vanguard Walkers with Psychic damage and Celestial defense mods, both on their attack AND THEIR MISSLES!

I understand why that might be hell to balance but just make it for heritors since that entropy damage is unavailable to all non heritors, it is a t1 mod so the fact that it takes up a slot that could be used for a tier four mod may be enough to balance it, if not they could simply add a damage negative, they could even explain it away as an inefficiency in the conversion process. i get that it would be a bit broken if all secret techs did something similar, but heritor tech is specifically designed to be different to every other tech in the game, i mean hell it lets you build a mineral unit which is unheard of, it makes sense that thier mods would be a little outside the norm

Last edited:
I understand why that might be hell to balance but just make it for heritors since that entropy damage is unavailable to all non heritors, it is a t1 mod so the fact that it takes up a slot that could be used for a tier four mod may be enough to balance it, if not they could simply add a damage negative, they could even explain it away as an inefficiency in the conversion process. i get that it would be a bit broken if all secret techs did something similar, but heritor tech is specifically designed to be different to every other tech in the game, i mean hell it lets you build a mineral unit which is unheard of, it makes sense that thier mods would be a little outside the norm
The mod would allow a 3rd damage since Syndicate and Kir'ko already have 2 different damage channels to chose from I believe that they are Venom and Thermal

The mod would allow a 3rd damage since Syndicate and Kir'ko already have 2 different damage channels to chose from I believe that they are Venom and Thermal
Yes you only keep it for Heritor but you allow the mod to be used by Syndicate and Kir'ko the mod would take up a slot just like the Venom focus and Thermal focus would take up a slot I believe that those 2 mods Venom and Thermal are offensive mods the Entropy focus mod would also count as an offensive mod

which is unheard of, but that is kinda the heritor tech's whole theme, very little about them follows conventional mechanics

i may have explained that inadequately, i meant to suggest changing the t1 mod that is unlocked by the first tech that heritors get, this would not effect any faction tech trees which means it wouldn't effect those without the dlc

Yes those without the DLC will be disadvantaged in some way or the other the it wouldn't effect anyone if got added to the Psionic Catagory the only race that would benefit from this mod is Syndicate and Kir'ko

So if you pick Syndicate Heritor you could have a diverse army apart from using Heritor units only you could an for an example you could take an Overseer who main damage channel is PSI and change it to Entropy through a focus mod

to be honest i don't usually play syndicate because i hate the indentured system, so i am kinda confused about that last point, but i never mentioned psyionics , i was talking about a general conversion mod that would be part of the heritor tech tree and would work for everyone. i understand why most secret techs don't have something like that, but since entropy damage cannot be utilized by any non heritor unit(not counting forgotten).

to be honest i don't usually play syndicate because i hate the indentured system, so i am kinda confused about that last point
You have your army right 6 units in a stack yes now you got 2 Siphoners, 2 Overseers and 2 indentured units the Siphoners deal Entropy damage the Overseers deal PSI damage and your indentured deal arc damage..instead of having 2 units deal Entropy damage you can have 4 units dealing entropy damage the mod would apply to the Overseers so your Overseers deal entorpy damage instead of PSI damage