• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OutsiderSubtype

Colonel
81 Badges
Feb 2, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Which heresies aren't in the game that should be?

Which shouldn't be in the game, but are?

For me, I wonder what happened to the Monothelites and Monophysites. They were in CK2 and they had a lot more of an impact on the politics of late antiquity and the Middle Ages than many of the groups in the game. For starters, they would have actually been the dominant religion in a number of provinces, when the Adamites never would have. On the other hand, maybe they weren't included because they would be pretty much identical in doctrine to their parent faith.

The Donatists and Pelagianists seems like they could have been plausible inclusions.

Why are the Waldensians in but not the Fraticelli? You could say the Fraticelli don't make sense without St. Francis, but likewise the Waldensians don't make sense without Waldo.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Which heresies are in the game that shouldn't be?

For me, I wonder what happened to the Monothelites and Monophysites. They were in CK2 and they had a lot more of an impact on the politics of late antiquity and the Middle Ages than many of the groups in the game. For starters, they would have actually been the dominant religion in a number of provinces, when the Adamites never would have. On the other hand, maybe they weren't included because they would be pretty much identical in doctrine to their parent faith.

The Donatists and Pelagianists seems like they could have been plausible inclusions.

Why are the Waldensians in but not the Fraticelli? You could say the Fraticelli don't make sense without St. Francis, but likewise the Waldensians don't make sense without Waldo.
Kinda curious if the Paulicians are in the game... IIRC they were a super pain in the butt for Byzantium.

Also Adamits or however you spell it? Should not be in the game, and if they insist on it shouldnt be so widespread and able to take over western Europe.

Kinda curious if the Paulicians are in the game... IIRC they were a super pain in the butt for Byzantium.

Also Adamits or however you spell it? Should not be in the game, and if they insist on it shouldnt be so widespread and able to take over western Europe.

Paulicianism is in the game and it's actually a really good religion. It's got powerful tenets.

I agree with you that the Adamites should not really be in as they are, clearly they just wanted an excuse to show their nice character models nude. If they are in the game at all it should be as a lunatic or witch type trait and not as a legitimate religion.

Paulicianism is in the game and it's actually a really good religion. It's got powerful tenets.

I agree with you that the Adamites should not really be in as they are, clearly they just wanted an excuse to show their nice character models nude. If they are in the game at all it should be as a lunatic or witch type trait and not as a legitimate religion.
Sadly the only stable religion really is Orthodox, and Apolistic just falls apart, likely why i never see Paulicians. Haha also Iconoclasts. The ERE needs some sort of instability. They are way too stable right now and just stomp in 867.

Which heresies are in the game that shouldn't be?

Maybe it's intentional, but this is the same question rephrased.

One I think should be in the game is the Hussites. Still well within the timeline, and a pretty big deal in the Late Middle Ages. That said, overall I think Paradox has a preference for "cool" niche religions over "boring" but historically important ones, so that's going to affect a lot of their choices.
Sadly the only stable religion really is Orthodox, and Apolistic just falls apart, likely why i never see Paulicians. Haha also Iconoclasts. The ERE needs some sort of instability. They are way too stable right now and just stomp in 867.
Weird. In my last game, Orthodox were almost entirely replaced by Cathars.

Maybe it's intentional, but this is the same question rephrased.

One I think should be in the game is the Hussites. Still well within the timeline, and a pretty big deal in the Late Middle Ages. That said, overall I think Paradox has a preference for "cool" niche religions over "boring" but historically important ones, so that's going to affect a lot of their choices.

Weird. In my last game, Orthodox were almost entirely replaced by Cathars.
Can I have your games? Everytime I try a Catholic in 867, the ERE has the holy land and northern Egypt by 900's, stopping crusades from triggering. That though, I think is due to the ERE being Primo... Which is silly seeing as how no one else has it until 1200s.