• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zouper_mazon

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 28, 2013
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Hi,
So i did fall in love with the game recently and i just unlocked the Lvl 5 short cut by surviving to lvl 7 ( and i'm so damn proud ! :D ).
But as i started the game playing with a 360 gamepad, i couldn't achieve that without using the mouse/keyboard controls scheme. I'm used to both control type, but i prefer using a gamepad ( working on a table i enjoy way more my sofa to play, doesn't remind me work ) and i wish i could perform as well using both type of controls.

It was ok until i reached lvl 5, the heavy rifle become a must have, and shooting with it ( or any long range weapon actually ) is just a lucky shoot if your using a gamepad ( if your not on a corridor, for example the lvl 5 boss, good luck not wasting your amo with a pad ).

I think that we need to have a way more greater distance between the character and the aim dot ( aiming spot, don't know the exact word ) for those weapons at least ( Rifles, mg even the 9 mm ), and it won't be a problem for short range shoots as the game place a line between you and your aiming so we could still be able to aim close range if needed.

There also two other issues with gamepad control actually, well according to me.

The fact that you can't cycle trough your stuff faster as we do with the mousewheel. In emergency moments you need to go quickly to a medkit for example, allowing the game to scroll down fast by keeping the button pressed would solve that ( same with the D-pad for more convenience when you want to move an item form top to down ).

And last ( not that important as we can fix it ) the aimspeed value in the setting.lua file is way too low.

I hope the dev' can look into that, i bought the game when you announced the gamepad support, ( I know it's kind of silly specially now cause i feel stupid waiting so long for a game i enjoy so much right now ) and even if i'm ok playing with K/M i hope you'll make the gamepad a more convenient control for the game.

I can add a console command for changing the controller aim radius as a start.
holding buttons down for scrolling seems reasonable too, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Can i allow myself a little bump ?

Hope it's not to soon, i know you had some issue with the last patch ( amazing patch by the way ! ).

First a big thanks for the option of a configurable aim radius. I was very pumped to see that in the patch note.

Unfortunately it doesn't work imo ; i feel that you're not used to gamepad in the team do you ? :p
It's like the camera is following the aim radius, as if the camera placement was linked to the aim radius. I don't know how to say that, my English isn't that good...

For example at max value it can put the character off screen if the zoom option is on.
It's also weird cause it's affecting the camera anytime, even when we're not "aiming" ( by pressing mouse2/LT ) meaning the camera goes crazy while just looking, and it's making hand to hand combat very painful.

But maybe there's an easier solution, i don't know if that's possible in term of programming but if you could make that gray line between the reticle and the character extend to a maximum value while using a gamepad and even maybe completely remove the reticle when we are "aiming" ( LT would then just show this extended line ) this would allow some long range targeting while using the pad, and with that set up it wouldn't change anything for close shoot neither.
You'll want then to have the reticule as close as possible from the character for stabbing and while aiming you'll then use that line.

I don't know if that doable.
I just wish i could play as good on my sofa as at my desk ( i did finished the game several time with M/K but it feels impossible with a pad ). But in any case the steam pad is coming and my guess is that it will be perfect for teleglitch.

Ho and by the way, thanks for changing the active driver in the linux build ( i guess that what's happened ), it's way more comfortable for me now.