• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No hurry ;)

January, 1770. Clash of the titans: Giant Austria fights giant Poland!

15036445-01d.jpg

(Unfortunately these messages are ambiguous about which nation was the vassal - "Austria has cancelled the Vassalization she had with Poland" could mean either nation was the vassal; we only know that Austria cancelled it. Both nations are very large and unstable). I would not want to be Poland just now. I would rather be Fez. That would be optimal.

February, 1770. Here are the policies of the realm. I can adjust them, but let me point out a few things. Centralisation would be nice, but leaving it alone allows an event to intervene in our favour. Plutocracy has never had more benefits for us; only the diplomatic issue helps Fez in 1770. However, we're certainly not voluntarily going to reduce our stability! That explains the serfdom. The innovativeness be a bit more complex; we want to control our costs, but not at the cost of killing ourselves. We want a balance betwixt research costs and stability costs. Mercantalism gives us much cheaper merchants, and the monopolies cancel the effects on the merchant pool. Quality be at the minimum required for +1 fire. Many foreign leaders are worse than our standard colonels! At the same time, maximum quality increases our costs and decreases manpower without any great benefit. The same be true of offensive doctrine and +1 shock. Frankly though, fortresses are very difficult to deal with - being as defensive as can be without -1 shock/+1 siege makes good sense for some realms.

15036481-9f0.jpg

January, 1771. A noble family requests 150 ducats of aid. We can give them aid or lose stability. Not much of a choice.

November, 1771. The nobles are acting up again! This time we don't have the money on hand to placate them. We can't lose stability...the only solution be to clobber them with our huge armies. Sure!

15036502-d1f.jpg

The revolt is 39 thousand men...about as large as the entire province's population. Or be that merely the capital? I guess they're all one family and attacking our garrison. Yeah. They shall perish in the desert sand. Methinks a large army should attack in a province with a manufactory, because I get the impression that losing battles there endangers our manufactory.

December, 1771. Portugal initiated a fresh embargo on righteous Fez. *sigh*

Now, we in Fez want to ally with huge France. But we are allied with Brunei until 1778. If we attack Portugal, the alliance will be renewed. Do not be fooled into thinking Brunei will dishonour the alliance. If we leave the alliance, we'll have to pay thousands of ducats for stability! Perhaps we shall do that...

May, 1772. A lot of men slaughtering a lot of rebels.

15069012-23b.jpg

October, 1772. Tsk.

15069052-5b0.jpg

I guess I might as well kill that alliance while we're at it...

June, 1773. After becoming a bit more stable, we leave Brunei at the altar of friendship. (0 again). We created a 2,700 ducat alliance with France (the cost of one stability level...although the cost be higher if we consider the loss of revenues).

July, 1774. The Imams of Say are outraged that plumbing is being installed in Fez! We agree to restrict the plumbing to certain large tax payers, and lower innovativeness by one - this gives us cheaper stability, too.

October, 1774. France issued an embargo against their lords in Fez. Arrrrgh...

We decide to declare war on a third party with which we have casus belli - Sweden, which has an embargo against us. France dishonours their alliance. Suddenly I remember why Fez has no allies.

May, 1775. France has cost Fez many a ducat. Our latest plot to punish France involves starting a war against wicked wicked Spain, which we would like to divorce from a province or two, and "letting Spain attack France." Will this work? Since Spain conveniently annexed hapless Colombia, we have a casus belli on Spain! I doubt Austria will have much leverage against us.

15069086-22b.jpg

We already have over 60,000 men on Spanish borders. We can attack Spain from France, too, since they be our vassals and all.

15069088-8c0.jpg

July, 1775. France being difficult. We decide to fight Spain alone - why not?

15069092-e02.jpg

October, 1775. The cities are demanding liberties again, against the liberties of the Sultan. This time they're demanding the right to install plumbing no matter what the Imams' union of Say says. Granting them this always be cheaper than losing 2 stability.

15069095-37a.jpg

Spain being a bitch, and Fez's navy lacks the power to fight. We are making rare naval investments to correct this. Note Fez's army in Tangiers unable to cross the strait of Gibraltar.

January, 1776. Spain demanded Andalusia. We demanded more Spanish blood! Their ploy be to prevent us from crossing the strait of Gibraltar. We have endless numbers of men just waiting for a navy to protect the crossing.

February, 1776. Brunei offered a new alliance. We are frustrated by these weirdos.

March, 1776. Sweden landed in Sahara and captured the fort. Very funny, Sweden.
15069138-6dc.jpg

April, 1776. We stole the Spanish rutters after a battle off the Horn of Africa.

August, 1776. We lost the "Battle of the Sahara" to Sweden. Spain be giving us grief in East Africa. We can only build 1000 men per month there, and several colonies are unprotected from their endless little armies and navies.

December, 1776. The desparate East African front. Fortunately, people are now enthusiastically enrolling in the army...Malindi can only produce 1000 men per month for this whole region.

15107838-9d7.jpg

March, 1777. Sweden captured Andalusia. That sounds absurd, but we can't cross the strait at all!

15069161-543.jpg

April, 1777. Sweden accepted a white peace. They freed Andalusia, which, for once has no blockade, and we are now building seven fine galleys there.

May, 1777. Spain offers Bearn, Estramadura, Tunisia and Cantabria. Now we are beginning to get where we need to be. We had to do this with no reinforcements from crowded Fez!

November, 1777. Internal trade ordinance in three provinces, including Malindi: Tax may be collected only by royal authorities.

January, 1778. The annual tax be 278 ducats this year. Also this month, we managed to sneak a large army and 50 cannon to Gibraltar. We want that province to link our "Andalusian holdings" with Fez proper.

Delhi invited us to an actually useful alliance. This because the Bengal, neighbour to Delhi, embargoes us! Pictured here also be one man from Sweden.

15069185-03b.jpg

Upon closer inspection, after joining this alliance, we discover the Bengal be a part of it. Damn!

April, 1778. We can now build 2,000 men in Malindi. Hooray!

January, 1779. The wicked Swedes have lost the trading centre of Mecklemburg, and we get Mossi. Very Mossi!

15107883-3ef.jpg

This new centre covers just about all of Fez...even a bit of our American holdings. Remember those?

March, 1779. The glorious, non embargoed trading centre of Mossi. Methinks this one be the largest in the world!

15069217-c8c.jpg

On closer inspection, this centre strangely takes provinces from another centre of Fez, Curitiba of America. The Inca Empire be covered by Mossi. Strange.

October, 1779. Our plan was to seize Sardinia and release them as our vassals, but Spain's navy gave us so much grief, we have decided to accept a lesser offer. We are taking Spain's gold, their nice island with a refinery, Gibraltar, and Tunisia, gateway to the evil -Mameluks- Ottomans who have had no involvement with Fez in centuries. That might not last now...

15069231-1d0.jpg

Last edited:
January, 1780. The war having ended, Fez returns its attention to matters of economy. Our inconsequential trading centre of Curitiba moved one province west to Portugal. Surely this be a politically motivated move...they bribed the merchants to move west.

15208053-007.jpg

Rather than pay a hideous price for stability, Fez will not change any domestic settings at present.

February, 1780. We hath undertaken a mission to convert the Arabic Catholics of Salvador, Fez, America.

15208120-4e3.jpg

April, 1780. Mali declared independence from France, and of course, declared war on France. We of Fez think we might as well snap up this holding to "defend the honour of France."

15208158-36d.jpg

August, 1780. Muhammad III, our great sultan, went insane. The entrails indicate he will be this way for one year.

October, 1780. The siege of Walata hath commenced.

15208166-ae1.jpg

We sent for 45 cannon to bolster our attack.

March, 1781. Walata fell to Fez. We annexed the small kingdom to the Fezzan Empire. They are Catholic, ugh.

October, 1781. Boundary blackmail from the Incan Empire.

15208168-db9.jpg

(I had forgotten at this time, but Fez founded a colony on the Incan Empire's border. Apparently "one of the sultan's ministers" harboured dreams of annexing the Incan gold, a la Spain.)

March, 1782. Mohammad III has decided Fez must declare war on Portugal. The goal of this war be a simple tribute, from which trading access in Portuguese trading centres may be had.

15208174-148.jpg

Portugal has weak defences - their main offense be their navy. We will easily overwhelm them in Europe, and their American colonies (including that trading centre Fez does not really want) appear undefended.

June, 1782. The war on the Portuguese enemy commences!

15208175-9ce.jpg

As I anticipated, their navy beyond us.

15208177-e56.jpg

July, 1782. The Imams are again unhappy. We decide to accept their demand that "floating Mosque ships" sail with the navy, where as Fez may adjust innovativeness and lose one stability at a time of our choosing.

Portugal hath offered Fez three provinces in America, including the trading centre. Good. The war be ended.

15208178-e97.jpg

December, 1782. The late war on Portugal was certainly economical - Fez hath gained an extra 50 ducats monthly from trade.

15208180-e0c.jpg

September, 1783. The royal minister of trade announced that when we outlawed the sale of Ottoman goats, we were able to make more money selling goats. Protectionism was discovered.

15208181-5d4.jpg

September, 1784. A plague be upon us! Woe betide our sons.

15208182-b1e.jpg

August, 1785. France manged to get itself into a war against Austria, Spain, The Netherlands and Scotland. I am pleased, because if France should lose one of its centres of trade, Fez may be able to trade there again.

15208207-34b.jpg

So small be the vassal income, Fez could do without it.

June, 1787. The inquisition of Salvador failed. The interior minister has recommended that we punish the heretics therein by beginning a fresh inquisition.

November, 1788. The Ottoman empire holds us hostage for 100 ducats. They hath no shame.

October, 1789. Our current plot involves developing the navy so that we might fight England for trade rights. Also, there was a fire in Timbuktu, and rather than accepting this terrible inflation, we have decided to let it be.

15208199-9a4.jpg

January, 1790. In spite of having lost Veneto, amongst other provinces, and generally not being in control of the situation, France was able to pay Austria 375 ducats for peace, and nothing more.

April, 1790. Al-Yaziid shall now rule glorious Fez. Al-Yaziid be known for his sweet tongue, but in other respects may be of doubtful talent.

15208200-f01.jpg

I will not be the first to note that at this late stage in Fez's development, even a weak monarch can only have but a moderate impact on our successes.

July, 1790. Our alliance with Delhi expires in two years, and so too does our alliance with the wicked Bengal. We think by consummating a royal marriage to Delhi, we might soon become the leaders of this alliance, exclude the Bengal, and then order Delhi to conquer them with positive results on our imperial coffers.

15208201-fca.jpg

Nay?

October, 1790. An opportunity hath presented itself against the Zanj. We might take it if we can muster enough soldiers in East Africa.

15208202-0cb.jpg

The Zanj border our east African holdings.

October, 1791. A plague hath struck Fez once more. We will not be attacking the Zanj, because they are Sunni.

15208204-355.jpg

February, 1792. Sulayman the unnotable will now rule Fez. A shame...Al-Yaziid's diplomacy could have been of use in the coming alliance business.

15208205-275.jpg

July, 1792. The alliance hath expired, and the Bengal shall now pay for their insolence:

15208206-004.jpg

They are surrounded by their former allies!

November, 1792. The war goes well. The refinery in Gao burned down - don't tell me - the Imams' union of Say hath decided to burn our refineries...

January, 1793. We don't want Delhi to exert themselves fighting against the Bengal, which has substantial provinces and power. We made peace with them for 50 ducats, which frees their trading centre. We'll batter them up again if they dare to embargo us! The trading centre be worth 1100 ducats per month.

June, 1794. Europe.

15208367-a99.jpg

Having some difficulty getting the traders into the Ganges, but we shall prevail.

October, 1794. The second inquisition of Salvador was a success. This small victory aids Fez.

November, 1794. We have a monopoly in the Ganges trading centre, which makes something like 25 ducats per month (300 annually). We will now work to empty out the other merchants. We can do this because war will result if they dare to embargo us.

December, 1796. Having achieved naval parity with England, we declare war on them to open their trade circuits. They are allied with Sweden, which, we are sure, will do the same.

January, 1797. Fez has totally drained Malacca and the Bengal of foreign traders! We lost a Naval battle to England - they lost a couple of war ships and we a couple of galleys. We are beyond the days when galleys were an asset. We are building some very expensive war ships to remedy this (the shipwrights take about 80 ducats per warship).

With the results in, the royal minister of finance reports that we are making 100 ducats extra per month because of this! (The total be about 600).

January, 1798. The end of the English war. Fez did not fight especially well, but we held our own and captured an English province. The English, for their part, wreaked misery on some colonial holdings of Fez I had all but forgotten about. No matter. 113 ducats and the right to trade be ours!

15208368-f6a.jpg

November, 1798. The one and only English centre of trade was opened, but it be a small and pitiful thing. The multiple Swedish centres remained closed. Now Sweden has seized a monopoly of Fez's in Poland! This be the final insult!

15208369-52f.jpg

So, we shall declare war on Sweden, who remains allied to England, who hath a peace treaty with us still.

Sweden did not ask England to join.

October, 1799. Sweden has a very advanced army (53) and a good navy. So, when France decided to cancel their vassalization in the middle of a campaign, there were riots in Tangiers over this betrayal. We never should have let our soldiers leave France. Never mind, France was a terrible vassal that cost us more money in trade embargoes than they ever paid us in tribute!

15208370-144.jpg

The war aganst Sweden can never succeed, and the navy must retreat all the way to Andalusia!

I have ordered the royal war minister to split the navy by warships and galleys, so that we might salvage what we may.

(Yea, those are 70,000 Swedish soldiers in Holstein.)

Last edited:
December, 1799. The warships returned with no losses. Sweden attacked from the Canary Islands, which they do own, Sahara province and forced us out of it. We will take measures.

March, 1800. Sweden kills about 20,000 in Sahara.

April, 1800. We lost about three galleys, but the rest of the navy returned to Andalusia. Sweden being a bitch. Sweden then assaulted and captured Sahara province.

January, 1801. Getting nowhere with Sweden, they accepted a white peace at -9.

September, 1801. We declare war on France, with which we have naval parity and land superiority, to force her to open her markets to us.

March, 1802. The Bengal initiated an embargo against Fez. I see they are now allied with the Ottoman empire. Interesting. We declare war!

15208372-edf.jpg

September, 1802. The Bengal helpfully offered, alone, 54 ducats to Fez as leader (with Delhi and the Chagatai Khanate). In this way the war against the wicked Ottomans may continue, but the embargo in the Bengal be ended.

Our navy currently be battered between France and the Ottoman Empire.

15208373-49f.jpg

December, 1802. The Kongo has dared to insult Fez. Their days will be not long.

15208376-eba.jpg

August, 1803. The Uzbeks (Ottoman allies) and the Ottomans are ready to settle, but we smell blood. We will have to liberate a province or two before we let the Ottoman swine go, and the Uzbek victories count against the Ottomans. Therefore, their time has not yet come.

With France, Fez wins battles 2:1 but because of various colonial issues (getting armies to remote locations) they have managed to maintain a good score. The battle continues.

15208568-3b6.jpg

September 1803. Whilst checking the Ottoman situation, I read "We control Uzbek." What the hell? I had forgotten, one of the Bengal's allies borders Delhi. Apparently chaos reigns over there and I had not noticed. Go Delhi!

15208569-42b.jpg

(The Uzbek Khanate has done well for themselves here, having conquered most of Persia and stretching west all the way to a similarly talented Poland. Russia be not involved.)

April, 1804. France paid 50 ducats for peace. An African revolt reminded me that the Kongo had a number with Fez, but I forgot to execute the war.

I allowed the Uzbek Khanate out of the war in exchange for their giving Kushka to Delhi.

15208570-b05.jpg

December, 1804. The wicked African subjects are in revolt. They shall be punished for this insolence.

15208573-cce.jpg

April, 1807. Recently, the finance minister discovered that if Ottoman goats were permissible to sell, but only when Fezzan goats were not available, more profit was possible! Liberalism has been discovered!

15208574-94b.jpg

January, 1808. We finally got the Mamelukes in the dirt (they are allied with their Ottoman masters), but the Ottomans have several rather large fortresses in provinces with no supply. We've been sitting at Cyrenacia for several years now, which hath a medium fortress.

15208577-6e9.jpg

February, 1808. The Bengal renewed their embargo. We renewed our war via Delhi.

June, 1808. The Mamelukes surrendered Alexandria and Delta to Fez.

May, 1809. The Ottomans gave unto Fez Tripolitania and Cyranacia for peace.

July, 1809. After a long war, (seven years) the Bengal offered an indemnity of 60 ducats. Fez be at peace once again.

15208578-a55.jpg

March, 1810. France renewed its embargo. Fez will have to wait a while to let the people recover from the last war.

January, 1811. Fez declared war on France, for honour!

September, 1811. After kicking France around in several naval battles, Fez obtained 50 ducats and France reopened its markets to Fez.

In other news, here be La Plata. This map shows the entire country, but of course no capital may be seen. I realised at one point La Plata consisted of nothing but trade posts. Later they got lucky and a level one colony was attached to La Plata.

15208579-19d.jpg

They have a ways to go before they get a capital!

September, 1812. Yet another plague on us.

15208647-d1c.jpg

Those are the Carribean holdings of great Fez.

September, 1814. Yet another political crisis.

15208649-4a1.jpg

Those are some south west African holdings of great Fez.

September, 1815. Fez moves overseas.

15208651-60e.jpg

Methinks some minister embezzles our ducats.

November, 1815. Fez has built great roads to connect one part of Fez to the next, like the veins of a body, enabling traders to converge at their convenience. Pre-capitalism has been attained.

15208652-19f.jpg

Fez has a monopoly in every trading centre in the world it has access to. (Note our excellent income, considering our weak goods production).

December, 1815. Bengal has done its thing once more. We will do ours.

January, 1816. Unfortunately, Fez's centre of trade in Mossi has closed, in spite of our efforts to allow foreign traders there. The replacements are Liguria (France) in Africa, and some Portuguese province completely surrounded by Fez in America. *shrug*

15208653-c7e.jpg

That's not too Mossi, that.

February, 1816. The war against the Bengal hath commenced. Unfortunately, the Ottoman Empire still has an alliance with them, so we will fight the Ottomans whilst the Delhians fight the Bengalis. Liguria now has 1200 ducats worth of trade...

March, 1817. Our struggle against the Mamelukes and Ottomans continues, them being allied to the Bengal still (and Delhi's struggle continues against the Bengal). Now France has announced a fresh embargo against innocent Fez. A war shall be our answer!

January, 1819. The last war.

15208654-9f6.jpg

March, 1819. We annexed the Mamelukes.

We then recieved Quattara and 150 ducats from the Ottomans. This also removed their trade embargo against valourous Fez. The Bengali embargo, by far the more important of the two, ends with it. However, a Malaccan embargo remains (who be vassals of the Ottomans).

15208656-268.jpg

Now only the war against France remains. We can't find their ships! Could they be busy? We don't have time for a protracted campaign against the haughty French, and so we must leave things as they be, unless of course some of their consderable navy decides to show itself, in which case, Fez shall sink of it and claim victory.

December, 1819. After a quiet year in which the cowardly French were not to be seen, Fez ended its great journey, master of most of Africa, controlling important swaths of other lands, and of course being the dominant actor in world finance. The future for Fez be limitless, and so it be the pleasure of every citizen in Fez to claim victory as the most successful of all the world's nations.

15208680-184.jpg

- - -

Here be the final standings of Fez with respect to development and comparison internationally.

The United States actually did a fine job in this world, claiming many more provinces than it can usually. This became a problem for Fez in the last few years, when the United States initiated an embargo against helpless Fez, where as Fez could not adequately strike the United States across the great western ocean.

Fez hath one city and one colony in the Carribean, which, while an intriguing possibility, never amounted to any thing for Fez. A curious footnote in the annals of Fez, if you will.

15208686-2ff.jpg

Here be the map of South America. As one can see, Fez has a vibrant stake in the eastern coast, where Portugal once tried to blackmail Fez across the great western ocean. No longer. The small purple realm be Brazil. The southern city bordering the Incan Empire only recently became able to raise armies, and so for this and other reasons of propriety, the Incan Empire remains much as it has since time began.

Note also that La Plata hath gained its capital at last.

15208687-b0a.jpg

Over here we have the orient. Perhaps the only accomplishment more impressive than that of the Chagatai Khanate be that of the Bengal, which consolidated an impressive variety of lesser countries over rough terrain. Delhi's decent enough, although their success was limited by that of the Uzbek Khanate and of course the Bengal.

15208689-da1.jpg

Europe. In some ways a standard looking Europe. Great white blob here, great blue blob there, but we have a great northern blob as well, which subdued many a powerful neighbour. Note the border betwixt Poland and the Uzbek Khanate. Note also the very weak Russia. The area around Moskva be controlled by Austria. That also seems to be the Uzbeks in Syria.

15208691-9f9.jpg

Africa. Ahh, Africa. The land of Fez. Fez controls not all of Africa - far from it - but the world renowned empire of Fez be both harmonious and wealthy. Only a few revolts were recorded in Western Africa as of late.

15208692-688.jpg

Victory points. I feel sorry for China. I played a Chinese game once or twice. Bad decision.

15208681-95d.jpg

Unfortunately I forgot to stop the clock at December 29th, so we get not percentages or those of the prior year, but here be some general information about our income. Trade dominates our income, as one might expect. France yielded about...oh...somewhere in the neighbourhood of 50 to 150 ducats per annum.

15208682-92b.jpg

Territory size. I deselected China since they are plagiarizing the colour of Fez. Fez didn't meddle with Europe as a policy, though various nations dared us to. A shame we can't see the graphs for Poland, Sweden, the Uzbek Khanate and Austria.

15208683-144.jpg

Comparison table. My goodness, look at how rich Delhi be. They must have excellent production income. Fez, on the other hand, has far more land, and of course far better trading results.

15208684-6d4.jpg

TRADING RESULTS.

15208693-92b.jpg

- - -

Notes:

- The word "is" does not appear in the A. A. R., "in character." I generally avoided it in comments too. If you find a wayward "is," let me know and it shall die a gruesome digital death.

- I went through several shitty image hosts. This was meant to be an image intensive thread, so the loss of those images was in many ways the destruction of my work. I first tried "ImgBolt," then a non login requiring offering of webshots (called "all you can upload"), then this "DivShare" host. My original host was not ImgBolt, but an obscure host which is actually more of a technology demonstration than a host (Allbrand.nu's PicturePoster) at which I somehow got an account in days gone by. They're iffy, but for what that is worth, I've never lost a picture from them they didn't let me know in advance about. The big problem with them is they have a 50MB daily bandwidth limit. Even with 100kb images, this thread was way too much for them. So I removed all but the first image (which is still hosted with them after all these years) and moved the rest to ImgBolt. I also experimented with imgsrc.ru (it didn't upload correctly or something...or maybe wouldn't link) and photobucket (which I tentatively thought I would move all the images to from DivShare, since they managed to "lose" a bunch of my screenshots without going off-line, but I decided insead to leave every thing where it is and keep a backup).

Therefore, there is a simple syntax (a brief description of which I shall add to the first post for future readers) for these pictures I took which are no longer. Instead of having broken images, I just link to where the pictures once were and added carats. There is some marginal possibility that the DivShare ones will be back, but I've waited months and there be no pictures, so fuck them. If you find an actual broken image which will not display when you reload the image/page, contact me, because I have it.

- This was my first A. A. R., and while it didn't take a whole lot of time, I took a whole lot of time. I've decided that I should get a lot done before announcing my projects, because if I don't, people will just forget I even announced any thing. That be my fault. Credit me though, I abandoned my report not.

- This isn't my last A. A. R. Oh no, I've got a new one planned. Want to know more? I will be playing one of the countries with which Fez was at war. That doesn't narrow it down much, does it? Haha! Perhaps it shall be the last of the Europa Universalis II A. A. Rs.

I've been thinking about For The Glory again, and I'm still cool about it, but I like how Michael is willing to get community feedback on it, and continue to improve it all this time. If he keeps that up I may just have to double up on that. I could always add the correct music to it (forgive me, but it's moronic to not choose from centuries of high quality music, but stick to the same few songs, be they of EUII or composed in some studio like the underscoring which passes as music in FtG). That said, I am talking about a time frame in years. I clearly have other things which interest me - other games, real life, you know, garbage like that.

- Thank you all for reading my topic, especially those which followed it from the start. I know it's basically gone off-line from the beginning, but hey, it keeps getting better until the finale! Wow!

From the imperial regent of Fez,
Hunter

Last edited:
Congrats on finishing - an impressive piece of resolve over the timeframe :)

A good result with Fez and an enjoyable read - it's the only EU2 thread I've followed in the last year or more.

Looking forward to another AAR.

PrawnStar: Thank you for following Here be Fez! It was a long journey, but we got there...I am happy some one is around to read it besides me :D

loki100: I did not know this rule existed (the forum software said the limit was 32 pictures). Should I stretch them into more posts?

formally no, if you check Qorten's message at the head of the AAR pages, that way around it has been stopped too. The 20 limit has been in force for a while now - if I recall from late 2010. Leave it for the moment and I'll speak with Qorten to get some advice ... realise you've finished up and can easily understand the urge to get over the finishing line

Hey, great AAR! I don't usually comment but you seem to be under the impression people aren't reading it and it would be a shame if you got dissuaded from writing another one. :)