• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

New Romanian Mapper

Recruit
48 Badges
Feb 28, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
To keep things short, as I doubt anybody is interested in the whole ordeal: I've been playing a heavily modded WTWSMS campaign for a good while now, and I thought I'd add the Fire and Saltpeter mod, around the 1200s in-game, due to roleplay reasons. However, anytime I enter the save, there's some empty ledger-like windows just over a portion of my nation, nowhere else in the world, just on my nation specifically, and if I switch characters it goes over a portion of that character's nation instead. I've tried to see if it's because the mod's a little out of date, or perhaps incompatible with WTWSMS for some reason, by starting a test game with just Fire and Saltpeter and WTWSMS, but the ledger-like windows don't appear anymore, so I'm assuming it's some sort of error caused by turning on the mod mid-game, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what sort of save-file finnangling I could do to get rid of them.

The bug itself pictured below:

Attachments

• 20230331165722_1.jpg
    20230331165722_1.jpg
    590,8 KB · Views: 0
Enable the `guibounds` console command and the game will tell you what lines contain the problematic elements.
Thank you very much, mate! Didn't even know that was a thing, but looking at it now, I think it might be some problem with the units, albeit I've not been able to actually find where it is despite searching in both the save file, mod file and general ckII files, just generally knowing what to look for will definitely be helpful, so thanks!

Attachments

• 20230418141901_1.jpg
    20230418141901_1.jpg
    613,5 KB · Views: 0
Thank you very much, mate! Didn't even know that was a thing, but looking at it now, I think it might be some problem with the units, albeit I've not been able to actually find where it is despite searching in both the save file, mod file and general ckII files, just generally knowing what to look for will definitely be helpful, so thanks!

You won't find it in the save file or the vanilla CK2 files. The screenshot shows the file and line where the problematic part starts. If it's not in the mod, it must be part of another mod you've got enabled.