• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DukeWilleo1630

Grand Poobah
71 Badges
Oct 26, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
I've never done any modding myself, but I would like to make a few changes to my own game. I thought I would ask for the wisdom of the community in this. :)

1. I bought my game through Steam. Will it work to change things in the steam version? Would there be any problems?

2. I like having rulers with a high diplomacy rating. How do I change the stats of a character in a save game?

3. I have enjoyed playing the 1551 scenario. But, I'd like more time to play the game. So, how do I change the end date in the 1551 scenarios? Can I change the end date in a save game, and how do I do that?

Thanks.

2. I like having rulers with a high diplomacy rating. How do I change the stats of a character in a save game?

Open your save game with a programm (I recommend notepad ++) and seach your ruler, then change the stat in the attributes.

3. I have enjoyed playing the 1551 scenario. But, I'd like more time to play the game. So, how do I change the end date in the 1551 scenarios? Can I change the end date in a save game, and how do I do that?

You can change the end date in the bookmark.txt of the common folder. I don't know whether you can chnage it after the game begins.

1. I bought my game through Steam. Will it work to change things in the steam version? Would there be any problems?

I buy primarily through Steam, and I can say that I have never had an issue modding Sengoku or any other Paradox release (EU3 and HoI3). Just be careful of the fact that sometimes Steam will update your base game to the point of making it incompatible with your installed mods. There is a setting to prevent updating, but sometimes that setting also gets reset during Steam updates.