• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
?? If you copy the original folder, the copy should have the same files, no ?
You then extract the mod you want to play in one of the versions and overwrite existing files. Now you have one CK1 with a Mod and one without.

You have CK1 right ? We're not talking about CK2 ?
Still, i have no idea how mac stuff works, but it should'nt be much different from what i recall.

Yup. Just like i said above. Just extract the mod in the main CK1 folder and let the files overwrite the old ones, unless there is another explanation in the mod thread here.
Still i have no idea if these files do work with the mac version, but trying it is better than dying not knowing. ;)

Dud you sekect the wrong .exe ?

How exactly did you start the game ? Did you go into your copied games folder ?

Are you sure you extracted the mod correctly? Did it ask you to overwrite things?

No, it didn't ask me to overwrite anything. It extracted as it's own folder within the Crusader Kings folder.

For a start, what Mod do you use and what name is the folder and are there other folders inside the new one ? More information would be helpfull.
By the way, doesn't Mac use other kind of file types anyway ? That would make them incompatible with the mods.

added edit: As long as the mod only changes data files (not the crusaderkings.exe) it should work according to old posts i read.

Last edited: