• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DeepThroater

Recruit
14 Badges
May 30, 2023
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Hi!
I'm hoping maybe a dev or someone who's done something similar can help me out with changing how heroes are added to the recruitment pool. Currently I have a mod that increases the Min recruitment options variable in HeroGlobalSettings.rpk -> Global Hero Settings from 2 to 8. However, this causes the game to crash for users when meeting too many free cities (I suspect because the game is trying to add too many heroes into the recruitment pool). I've been looking for a method to either increase the maximum heroes available in the pool to beyond 10, or at least to disable free cities adding heroes to the recruitment pool. Any help would be appreciated!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I believe it's because there's a hard cap coded into the game and that's going to be impossible to get around. Nor do I think disabling Vassal Cities from adding to your pool will be possible unless you mess with their Entities and that would cause a severe amount of incompatibilities.. Likely breaking the game as well.

You can always ask here https://discord.gg/age-of-wonders I'm not well-versed in hero stuff, I mainly focus on structures and spells :).

that would be the solution to bump up the max recruitable hero pool provided there is a hard coded limit. I encountered no problems with several vassals before using this mod. unknown if I ever would have had more than ten (at least five vassal cities providing two heroes each to the recruit pool)