• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If anyone is in debug mode that changes the checksum, they need to exit that mode.

That aside, are mods involved or not?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Have everyone load the game up with no mods at all active. You should all see 1.03 935c . Anyone who does not see that needs to do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

IF you all see that checksum unmodded, then the issue is in the mods themselves. You may be loading them in a different order, have different mods or different versions of the same mod.

• 1Like
Reactions:
how do I change my checksum, I've change the debug mode off and when it say my checksum it says (Modified)
You do the process I laid out in post #4 above.

I did what you posted at #4 but I still get the same Modified text at the checksum. No mods loaded, no debug mode. What else can I do?

Edit: it seems that restarting the PC after re-installing the game fixes the problem

Last edited:
Hello
I have recently come across this same issue and have tried all listed repairs including those posted by Andrew T and then did it all again and restarted as suggested by Mario.
I have still got the modified checksum issue, and in the process of a manual clean reinstall the text indicating loading, dlcs loaded and checksum have shrank. Not sure if this is related to the cheksum issue, but this graphical bug has remained despite me reinstalling twice and verifying game files.
I have granted CK3.ex clearance through my antivirus which is windows defender.
I have never bothered with Mods but did use the debug mode to correct a game ruining mis-click and have suffered this bug as punishment :). I have of course removed this from the relevant tray under Steam -> Properties -> Launch Commands.
I use steam as my launcher and all my saves are on the cloud so I have not loaded the game without them (not sure if that is relevant)
Verision 1.8.1 (Robe)
Listed Checksum: 6354 (modified)
Thank you

EDIT:
In my stubborn instance I have never use mods I never bothered checking my workshop.
I naively assumed that I had none and did not double check, forgetting my friend, an avid CK3 mod user had been on my PC and steam account recently. I bet you can see where this is going.
Essentially this friend installed a mod he was suggesting to me on my PC to show it off to me. I then completely forgot, and then wasted several hours of my life attempting to rectify a non existent bug. Its only when I was complaining about how I couldn't play in our MP group game that he reminded me that I did in fact use mods this one time.
Sorry for any time wasted. Hopefully this story of woe inspires others to check even the most unlikely of causes. :)

I still have the microscopic text issue btw, but I can live with that.

Last edited:
Have everyone load the game up with no mods at all active. You should all see 1.03 935c . Anyone who does not see that needs to do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

IF you all see that checksum unmodded, then the issue is in the mods themselves. You may be loading them in a different order, have different mods or different versions of the same mod.
Thank you so much for this! I know it's an old post, but you have really helped by being so informative!