• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aaa135iAUS

Recruit
14 Badges
May 23, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Hi all

I'm very familiar with AoW 3 and the modding thereof. This Planetfall though is defeating me.

I just want to start by adding some new buildings that everyone (no species or Tech requirements) can build, like the starter buildings are.

I can:
1) Create a Pack and put my building details in it with effects and link those together
2) description text not worrying about that yet (did it on AoW3)
3) understand that I need links and references to other packs using the options menu to show required packs.

Where I'm stuck:
1) finding the table where I can add my building in so that it's actually buildable in game.

EDITS:
So I've added my building to the City Species settings and the "upgrade list" but it won't build.
It is there I see the icon and the text descriptions but there's no way to actually produce it.
Also if I click one of the other starter buildings it then disappears.

Thank you for the assistance

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean with City Species settings, but if you have already the Structure Upgrade created you can make it buildable by

- opening ColonyDefinition_Strategic.rpk
- adding your own rpk in the dependencies of that file
- go to Entities - Colony Core
- select the Components tab and then EUpgrademanager
- add your buildung to the list of structures

• 1Like
Reactions: