• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 24, 2009
ok, i purchased and installed penumbra yesterday... i have and HD4670 so i got some weird graphics glitches... textures seemed to flicker etc.:eek:
installed patch all is good :rolleyes:
after much playing :) and such i found no further glitches..

HOWEVER, this morning i started the game and it refused to load and froze. i waited for a while and had to force quit it. Only the tutorial is loading and the ground around me goes BRIGHT GREEN!! after a few uninstall/reinstall i managed to get into the first level and ALL TEXTURES HAD GONE PURPLE/GREEN/WEIRD.

i will post some screenshots once i can get into the game again (totally frozen :( )

this has been taken during tutorial... how can this happen overnight!?

thank you for the blindingly fast response :rolleyes:

i have figured it out... i knew about the Catalyst AI problem, but with the HD4_70 (4670, 4770 etc) there is a new option down beneath that which i didnt see... u have to turn THAT off.

The forums helped, it reminded me that there are things other than the game that can go wrong :rofl:

hello, i had the same problem with my game and i installed the latest patch and when i try to start up the game it comes up with a window that says
"Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the original "PDX2707EU" CD/DVD."