• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
Jul 24, 2009
ok, i purchased and installed penumbra yesterday... i have and HD4670 so i got some weird graphics glitches... textures seemed to flicker etc.:eek:
installed patch all is good :rolleyes:
after much playing :) and such i found no further glitches..

HOWEVER, this morning i started the game and it refused to load and froze. i waited for a while and had to force quit it. Only the tutorial is loading and the ground around me goes BRIGHT GREEN!! after a few uninstall/reinstall i managed to get into the first level and ALL TEXTURES HAD GONE PURPLE/GREEN/WEIRD.

i will post some screenshots once i can get into the game again (totally frozen :( )

Jul 24, 2009

this has been taken during tutorial... how can this happen overnight!?

Mar 14, 2003
Jul 24, 2009
thank you for the blindingly fast response :rolleyes:

i have figured it out... i knew about the Catalyst AI problem, but with the HD4_70 (4670, 4770 etc) there is a new option down beneath that which i didnt see... u have to turn THAT off.

The forums helped, it reminded me that there are things other than the game that can go wrong :rofl:

Aug 2, 2009
hello, i had the same problem with my game and i installed the latest patch and when i try to start up the game it comes up with a window that says
"Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the original "PDX2707EU" CD/DVD."