• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Istaego

Recruit
Dec 20, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am writing here to ask for help to introduce a new event. I would like it to be renewed every year. The idea is to produce two versions, for each country: in the first, when less than 40% of the poor population cannot afford the living needs, I would like the maximum taxation to be reduced by 20%, the imput of factory reduced by 10% and the output increased by 5%. In the second, when more than 60% of the poor population can afford the needs of life, I would like the opposite to happen. The maximum tax increased by 20%, the factory input increased by 10% and the output reduced by 5%.
I don't have the skills and the time to learn how to set up this event. I've tried to do something, which you can read below, but I think it's a failure. I thank any good man in advance for their help. Forgive me for the English, I know it's not that great.

This is my failed attempt:

# negative trade balance
country_event = {
id = 50480
title = "Negative trade balance"
desc = "You have a negative trade balance. To reach an equilibrium, we have to raise taxes"
picture = "Bankruptcy"

Trigger = {
year = 1836
civilized = yes
NOT { poor_strata_life_needs = 4 }
}
mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 12
modifier = {
factor = 10000 }
}

option = {
name = "It had to happen"
max_tariff = -0.20
factory_input = -0.10
factory_output = +0.05 }
}

#solve a -possible- positive balance
country_event = {
id = 50487
title = "Positive trade balance"
desc = "You have a positive trade balance. To reach an equilibrium, we have to lower taxes"
picture = "Bankruptcy"

trigger = {
year = 1836
civilized = yes
poor_strata_life_needs = 6
}
mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 12
modifier = {
factor = 10000 }
}

option = {