Help! My Vanilla University is missing!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vmyoung

Recruit
9 Badges
Aug 1, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
In the last week I've had issues with education buildings being missing from the menu and my unique buildings becoming locked again. The vanilla version of the University disappeared., so I unsubscribed from all mods and assets and restarted steam. The University reappeared but now one of the high schools is gone. The unique buildings come and go as they fancy. Sometimes its just 5 or 6 that have locked themselves but right now its almost all of them. I was trying to reopen them but they just lock again. This is very frustrating. I'm assuming that if I try to open a saved game in which I used any of these items the game would remove them or break. I don't want to risk loosing the hundreds of hours of work. Please can someone help!

Try going to Steam and have it verify your game files to see if anything got corrupted while you were attempting to unsubscribe from mods and custom assets.

If that does not do it, you might want to post this in the Support & Bug Reports forum.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just to be sure: Are you aware that some maps are "Vanilla" and some are "European"? There are some Unique Buildings only appearing on European maps. Schools and other buildings switch their appearance on European maps. There is also an option in the content manager to activate both styles at the same time.

Reactions:
If it is related to the European/non-European thing that @TTJ mentioned, there is a setting in the Content Manager / Styles menu to enable having both on the same map.