• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nizzil

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 2, 2007
  • For The Glory
Trying to update a clean installation of 1.2 to the Dec 29 beta patch.

On first attempt the game would start to boot up then crash.

Trying to extract the patch folder-by-folder to see what part didn't work - was able to start up until I got to Db, then once I had updated the files in that folder and replaced the App the game would crash on start up as in the first attempt.

Which operating system do you use? (e. g. Windows 7 64 bit).

FtG 1.2 did run without problems and only after unzipping the FtG 1.3 patch it crashed?

Were there any error messages describing what happened?

In which directory did you install FtG? (e.g. not in C:\Programs...).

And the other common problems in the FAQ:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tech-support-faq.444126/

I am using Windows 10.

1.2 appears to work fine (though have only started up a new game on it)...1.3beta goes through the "initializing" sequences at start-up and then crashes after "initializing globals"...no error message, just a window that says the program is not working.

Installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\For the Glory. I've done this patching process before, but it's been years so I am not adamant that I didn't screw up somehow, I just can't figure out what I would have done wrong after multiple attempts.

I am using Windows 10.

1.2 appears to work fine (though have only started up a new game on it)...1.3beta goes through the "initializing" sequences at start-up and then crashes after "initializing globals"...no error message, just a window that says the program is not working.

Installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\For the Glory. I've done this patching process before, but it's been years so I am not adamant that I didn't screw up somehow, I just can't figure out what I would have done wrong after multiple attempts.

When you install the game in C:\Program Files... you have to run the game with adminstrator rights for every Windows from 7 or newer
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tech-support-faq.444126/
That’s the reason I have my folder at
G:\Paradox\For the Glory

Last edited:
I just reinstalled it on an external harddrive but am having the same problem, despite it showing pull permission for all users for the folders and all subfolders.

I just tried it again out of desperation and this time it worked. Not sure what exactly is going on, but hopefully it keeps working. Thanks for the help.