• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

merdaucul

Corporal
9 Badges
Nov 3, 2019
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
First , sorry for my bad english

has someone published a guide (in deep) or made a video about Brennus' Revenge achievement ?

I tried with a Migratory Tribe (Bohemian), with non migratory tribes (Cotins, Scorviques) about 25 times

I need 15 or 20 years more.

at my best i dessacrated all crete, epirus and half of attica sacred sites.. but, no more (in 479)

Did somenone succed in this achievement ?

i need to see how to manage the achievement with a migratory tribe, as i think, with a "normal" tribe it will take too long.

thanks

If you're going for the achievement and nothing else you don't need to move anywhere. At most you'll have to hire some pirates and get military access with someone who has a port in order to get rid of the exile. Once you have that it doesn't really matter where you sack first

Try using migratory stacks. 30k should do the trick early game as you'll get 10-1 stack wipe on most armies. Raze the land then occupy then sack.
Hey mate, how do you get 30k stacks? How does this work? Sorry I'm new to migratory tribes, so I don't really understand how you get such a large stack at early game.

Hey mate, how do you get 30k stacks? How does this work? Sorry I'm new to migratory tribes, so I don't really understand how you get such a large stack at early game.
I'm doing Germania Magna right now and migration stacks are a little unintuitive, but very powerful. In the province screen, there's a button on the far left which lets you migrate up to 20 pops from that province if the majority of pops are of your culture for a stab cost (scales based on centralization). What this means is that they all turn into light infantry cohorts of your culture (whatever they were before) and you can settle them down on non-state controlled land...but they're also light infantry cohorts so you can also just attack people.

All you need to do is move pops around so you have 20-21 in a province with 11 of your culture, migrate them, and you've got a 10k infantry stack. Either rinse and repeat (remember the settled pops become your culture so it's easy to snowball!) or use them as a way bigger army than anyone else has access to that early.

Reactions:
I'm doing Germania Magna right now and migration stacks are a little unintuitive, but very powerful. In the province screen, there's a button on the far left which lets you migrate up to 20 pops from that province if the majority of pops are of your culture for a stab cost (scales based on centralization). What this means is that they all turn into light infantry cohorts of your culture (whatever they were before) and you can settle them down on non-state controlled land...but they're also light infantry cohorts so you can also just attack people.

All you need to do is move pops around so you have 20-21 in a province with 11 of your culture, migrate them, and you've got a 10k infantry stack. Either rinse and repeat (remember the settled pops become your culture so it's easy to snowball!) or use them as a way bigger army than anyone else has access to that early.
wow that's awesome, thanks for explaining that mate, very very cheeky. When you say the stab hit scales with centralization, does it decrease with lower centralization or the other way round?

• 1Like
Reactions:
wow that's awesome, thanks for explaining that mate, very very cheeky. When you say the stab hit scales with centralization, does it decrease with lower centralization or the other way round?
It decreases with lower centralization. There's a even handy law that gives you lower centralization *and* a monthly stability boost, very handy for me as I'm colonizing all of central Europe.

Basically, lower centralization is good for tribesmen and tribal mechanics and bad for everything else. Notably, tribesmen don't produce research, so going low centralization means you'll never tech up. In a short game this doesn't seem to be a problem! For longer games, I don't have enough experience with tribes to tell you what would happen if you wanted to fight a technologically advanced Rome in 700 AUC without a single military innovation but my guess is that it's not pretty.

Reactions:
It decreases with lower centralization. There's a even handy law that gives you lower centralization *and* a monthly stability boost, very handy for me as I'm colonizing all of central Europe.

Basically, lower centralization is good for tribesmen and tribal mechanics and bad for everything else. Notably, tribesmen don't produce research, so going low centralization means you'll never tech up. In a short game this doesn't seem to be a problem! For longer games, I don't have enough experience with tribes to tell you what would happen if you wanted to fight a technologically advanced Rome in 700 AUC without a single military innovation but my guess is that it's not pretty.
Boiheimia seems to be the closest migratory tribe to the region of Greece, would it be possible to get this achievement with them? Their primary culture is Pannonian, not Gallic.

Boiheimia seems to be the closest migratory tribe to the region of Greece, would it be possible to get this achievement with them? Their primary culture is Pannonian, not Gallic.
Any tribe can become migratory. But starting as one is faster.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I mean the achievement requirement says Gallic Tribe, so just wondering if trying with Boiheimia will be worth it.

Looks to me like yes - the wiki says Pannonian culture counts and Boiheimia is Boi culture which is in the Pannonian group. You can check after starting a game by going to the achievements menu.

Reactions: