• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be Lak-hui and not Lucky it just looks strange.

Please find a university for the 1930-46 era should have the specialties that was assigned to Yonsei.
I will see how the bus companies were implemented.

It should be Lak-hui and not Lucky it just looks strange.
Lak-hui is more strange than Lucky, for Korean. :(

Please find a university for the 1930-46 era should have the specialties that was assigned to Yonsei.
I will see how the bus companies were implemented.

look at the codes, there is Woo Jangchun who has chem, mech, manage.
Yonsei has chem, manage, math. KOR would need it?

For Koreans could be, and you are right it is important.
Lak-hui just seem more Korean for everyone else.

Every country needs a math team for encryption/decryption research. As KOR does not enter the game till 46 it is not that important, but having a math team would be nice.

most of all, 'Lucky'.

'most of all'? All of my reference says that '락희'(Lak-hui) was used as name for corporation until 1974 when name was changed to '럭키'(Leok-ki).

I think startdate of Seoul National University could be change to 1924. Check this wiki article.

I've downloaded the beta TT pack and tried it out on a vanilla installation of HoI2 running a 'handsoff' game (as Switzerland) trying to see how the Major Nations used the new teams. I've only looked at the Countries on the 1st Jan between 1936-42 so this is a snapshot not a step by step account. These are the result and my observations:

(note: no change means the AI is using vanilla teams to research)

1/1/1936

UK using ICI to research Agrichemistry
FRA no change
ITA using Terni to research Rear Area Supply Dumps
GER using Telefunken to research Basic Computing Machine
SOV no change
N/CHI no change
JAP using Kenichi Fukui to research Agrichemistry
USA using US Army Ordance Corps and Detroit Arsenal Tank to researech Early Infantry Div and Tankette, respectively.

Kenichi Fukui graduated in 1941 where he started working in an Army Fuel Laborotory. So while it is fine that he researches Agrichemistry he should not be doing so in 1936! His start date needs to be changed.

added to the pack

Thanks

No offense, but I think changes should also always be put in public. This way we can best discuss and tweak them. That the Korean teams for example: If we had just dropped them in we would have never discovered the many flaws that they have. I am not saying you made undeserving teams, but I still think changes should be put where everyone can see and discuss them. Don't be afraid of the large size a post like this may be, we have many posts, and many of them are large.

Non taken, please remember that the teams in the pack were posted on the earlier thread with no comments from anyone. I have changed some of the specialities a little bit since then but I have set the skill very low for all of the teams (as complained about a little later in the thread). I don't think any of these teams are game breaking in any way because of the low skill.

'most of all'? All of my reference says that '락희'(Lak-hui) was used as name for corporation until 1974 when name was changed to '럭키'(Leok-ki).
but most of their products were labeled Lucky, like cream(from 1947), toothpaste(from 1956) and so on. cosmatic cream's picture : http://www.lg.net/about/history/history01.jsp

and Korea's 1960s were age of 'Lucky Boom'. even one of k-pop's name was 'Lucky Seoul'. not only pruduct's name, but also society's current.

I think startdate of Seoul National University could be change to 1924. Check this wiki article.
i think so.

note : Keijo = 京城 = Kyeongseong = Seoul.

Last edited:
Kenichi Fukui graduated in 1941 where he started working in an Army Fuel Laborotory. So while it is fine that he researches Agrichemistry he should not be doing so in 1936! His start date needs to be changed.

I would propose Army Fuel Laboratory until 1944 and Kenichi Fukui afterwards.

but most of their products were labeled Lucky, like cream(from 1947), toothpaste(from 1956) and so on.

...AND the name of the corporation was 'Lak-hui'. I have no doubt that 'Lucky' at labels were 'probably' pronounced as 'Lak-hui'.

It was established in 1945.

EDIT: From now i will prepare pictures for new KOR techteam set.

Last edited:

This would be a good idea, unfortunately, I have been unable to find any information about that laboratory. I would suggest to start him in 1941 as that was when he started researching for the army, not because he was a leader at that time (which he was not) but more to represent all of the involved research institutions and the concerted effort to develop advanced fuel chemistry by Japan. Alternatively you could start him in '43 or '45. If you want some thing earlier you could include either the department of industrial chemistry or Kyoto Imperial University, but personally I think these are too generic and would much prefer to have a famous named person.

This is from his autobiography:

"but the most decisive occurrence in my educational career came when my father asked the advice of Professor Gen-itsu Kita of Kyoto Imperial University concerning the course I should take. Prof. Kita suggested that Ryokichi, one of his juniors from the same native province, should send me to the Department of Industrial Chemistry with which he was then affiliated."

"For a few years after my graduation from Kyoto Imperial University in 1941, I was engaged in experimental research on synthetic fuel chemistry in the Army Fuel Laboratory. The result brought me a prize in 1944. I became lecturer in the Fuel Chemistry Department of Kyoto Imperial University in 1943, assistant professor in 1945, and professor in 1951."

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1981/fukui-autobio.html

http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/archive/tcaw/11/i10/pdf/1002chronic.pdf

Lak-Hui...

None of this Lucky.

...AND the name of the corporation was 'Lak-hui'. I have no doubt that 'Lucky' at labels were 'probably' pronounced as 'Lak-hui'.
okay, don't make suffer from my personnal chauvinism any more. :)

EDIT: From now i will prepare pictures for new KOR techteam set.

i have enough pic for every TT. if you agree with my proposal(and Lucky should Lak-hui whatever other users can understand it is same or not). i'll upload it as can as possible.

Communist Ukraine:

RudenkoSerIgnat.jpg

Name: Sergei Rudenko
Skill: 4
Specialties: Centralized Execution, Piloting, Aircraft Testing and Fighter Tactics
Years Active: 1930-1970
Notes: Marshal of Aviation, led Aviation Divisions in WWII

Sudets.jpg

SudetsVlAldr1.jpg

Name: Vladimir Sudets
Skill: 4
Specialties: Decentralized Execution, Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Bomber Tactics and Artillery
Years Active: 1930-1970
Notes: Marshal of Aviation, led Air Corps in WWII. Later on was commander of all Anti-Aircraft Artillery, for this I have given him Artillery (it will help in a few doctrines)

Also, for Yeryomenko, can a new picture of him be made with his head centered a little more in the photo. The now looks a little odd, because it is like he is trying to lean out of the photo. Edit2: Gorshkov, Timoshenko and Yeryomenko all have to be changed a little anyways, they need the tag CKR (Communist Ukraine) not UKR (Ukraine).

Last edited:
okay, don't make suffer from my personnal chauvinism any more. :)

It's ok, i didn't suffered and i don't feel chauvinism from your comments. If you think it's name really should be 'Lucky' than i'll give up my arguement.

i have enough pic for every TT. if you agree with my proposal(and Lucky should Lak-hui whatever other users can understand it is same or not). i'll upload it as can as possible.

Why not, please do so.

It should still be Lak-Hui.

General Motors labels their things GM, but we would call the TT General Motors.

We are going for realism, and if the Corporation itself went by Lak-Hui, then that is what it should be called.

the last TT

I know very well that will shall not post more TT but I choose to post those two.
WE dont have judge them now. that can be in 3. round or something like that.

Alfredo Guzzoni RSI

This guy was Commander-in-Chief of Army Group Liguria under the RSI regime so he had a high position so to speak. I would think he shall be for RSI.

Skill level not sure 3 or 4 maybe that’s the level of the other TT RSI of this kind is on.
starting year 1943 - 1957

alfredoguzzoni.png
[/URL][/IMG]
A trait that he can have is centralized exec, infantry focus, large unit tactics and combined arms. This is just taken out my consideration and imagine when I compare him to the other Italian TT.

just a suggestion!
Walter Warlimont Germany
walterwarlimont.png
[/URL][/IMG]

level 5
Centralized execution, large unit focus,infantry focus, artillery and management

Starting year 1944 – 1964 altrough he could start earlier but his highest position was in 1944.

from wikapedia:
In early 1944 he was promoted to General der Artillerie. As Deputy Chief of the Armed Forces Operations Staff, he continued to give almost daily briefings to Hitler regarding the status of German military operations.

On D-Day, when the Allies invaded at Normandy, France, Warlimont telephoned General Jodl to request that the German tanks in Normandy should be released to attack the Allied invaders. Jodl responded that he did not want to make that decision; they would have to wait until Hitler awoke. Once Hitler awoke and authorized the release of the tanks for a counter-attack, it was too late to blunt the successful Allied invasion. The following day, Hitler sent Warlimont to inspect the German defences in Italy.

On 20 July 1944, General Warlimont was wounded during the ill-fated assassination bombing against Hitler in a war-briefing bunker (the "Schwarze Kapelle" in Rastenburg). He suffered a mild head concussion. Later in the day he telephoned Field Marshal Günther von Kluge and convinced him that Hitler was alive; this prompted von Kluge not to continue in the anti-Hitler coup. Even though General Warlimont was wounded alongside Hitler, nonetheless, he was wrongly viewed as possibly having been involved in the anti-Hitler conspiracy. Because of this, he belatedly received the special 20th of July Wound Badge, which was awarded only to those few wounded or killed in the 20 July explosion.

On 22 July, Warlimont traveled to France to meet with Field Marshal Rommel (who had been wounded a week earlier by an Allied airplane attack), and Rommel's naval aide Vice Admiral Friedrich Ruge, to discuss the deteriorating battlefield situation in Normandy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Warlimont

Last edited:
I know very well that will shall not post more TT but I choose to post those two.
WE dont have judge them now. that can be in 3. round or something like that.

Alfredo Guzzoni RSI

This guy was Commander-in-Chief of Army Group Liguria under the RSI regime so he had a high position so to speak. I would think he shall be for RSI.

Skill level not sure 3 or 4 maybe that’s the level of the other TT RSI of this kind is on.
starting year 1943 - 1957

alfredoguzzoni.png
[/URL][/IMG]
A trait that he can have is centralized exec, infantry focus, large unit tactics and combined arms. This is just taken out my consideration and imagine when I compare him to the other Italian TT.

Skill 3. But Infantry Focus and Combined Arms Focus? Not that it cannot be done, but would like some more info on why he deserves that.

I do not see any reason why Warlimont deserves to be a TT. Being an aide to Hitler is not a strong point for ones resume.

Here is another picture of Guzzoni:
Guzzoni_Alfredo.jpg

Last edited:
Skill 3. But Infantry Focus and Combined Arms Focus? Not that it cannot be done, but would like some more info on why he deserves that.

I do not see any reason why Warlimont deserves to be a TT. Being an aide to Hitler is not a strong point for ones resume.

------------------------------------------------------------
Pioniere;
I was thinking as an alternative TT from Guderian and Manstein.

Here is another picture of Guzzoni:
Guzzoni_Alfredo.jpg

I have seen it before. there is some info on Guzzoni on the Axis histroy forums.
; http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=151382&p=1327773

Here is another, with better quality:

2guerr276.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.