• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of your suggestions are great. I think there is an unspoken policy of not having more than one university tech-team for each country though, and I find “The Chinese Academy of Sciences” most relevant.

I’m still not sure about including the company of Anshan Iron and Steel Group, in addition to its manager as tech-teams. That seems to me a little superfluous, there should be another, more sensible tech-to fill that space for China.

Especially your picture of the Kurdistan liberation army is clearly from the 90s or the 00s. Not very reasonable in a game that reflects the WWII-period. I’m quite unsure about giving a “terrorist organization” status as a tech-team. I’m also very doubtful of the position of this liberation army in the 30s, 40s and 50s. I’m guessing that the organized armed secession movement for a separate Kurdistan-state is more or less “modern”.

Are you sure the Kurdistan Oil Company existed in the 40s?

Ok understand why you dont like the picture maybe this one is better. but it did exist a moderate separatist organization during the mid 40s. It did not exist Kurdish Oil Company because did not at that time or to day exist a Kurdish state.
kurdishmilitants.png
[/URL][/IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Kurdistan

t15400.png
[/URL][/IMG]

this is kurdistans only tec team

Last edited:
@ Cegorach

I had some suggestions for the Baltic States before you took the task of collecting tech-teams for them. Your suggestions are already great. So what do you think of my eventually additional ones? I find some of them very relevant. I think Lithuania has too few teams by the way, only eight, while the other Baltic States has ten.

There is still some time so let's have a look.

Estonia

Should the Tallinn Military Arsenal really deserve the position as a tech-team? Is it a producer of ammunition, small arms or what?

Machine guns or rather submachine guns. it produced some mortars and AT cannons (license) if I'm not wrong, but overall it is very hard to find any really useful data.

Chemistry is the task of the Eesti Petro. Kogerman semed important, but as a part of this branch of industry. COULD be included, but I think that he really should be there - his influence seems limited to the oil shale which was the main reason why Eesti Petro is here.

Only if really nesessary, but I doubt it is the case with EST.

Latvia

I find the Rīgas Tehniskā universitāte more relevant as a Latvian technology-producing institution than the Universitas Latviensis

Probably true, though Universitas is here to represent the entire Latvian science including the technical university. I don't think that Latvian science could generate two decent teams. If it does, bot should start with skill 2, I doubt it will be a good idea.

EDIT:

'In 1923 it was renamed Latvian University. Humanities, as well as technical and natural sciences were taught there. The new higher school included all former faculties of Riga Polytechnical Institute except for the faculty of Trade. During the following 40 years higher technical education in Latvia was obtained at the University.'

Seems to be one and the same...

German.

Lithaunia

Post-war and Soviet.

CCI works better for that country and it is certain it will learn relatively quickly as more useful.

[/QUOTE]

ONE of them could be added. The first one seems more reasonable + there is a good picture we could use.

management + ??

Alternatively both could be represented by

LIETUVOS PREKYBININKŲ, PRAMONININKŲ IR AMATININKŲ SĄJUNGA

LPPAS ?? (I'm not an expert when it comes to the Lithuanian language)

It seems similar in some ways similar to CCI, but weaker.

http://www.lpk.lt/default.asp?DL=L&TopicID=37

LIT_T_LPPAS.jpg

So we have LPPAS Skill 4, management;mechanics

which seems fair - it will be less useful than the CCI, but could find its own uses elsewhere and if more than 2-3 team slots are available for LIT.

That would be all, I believe - in general I think only the last one is really useful.

Last edited:
Norway

Framnæs Mekaniske Verksted - name might be not good in your suggestion

Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt - What about it having Chemistry, Electronics, Mechanics, Combined Arms, Artillery as specialty?

Institutt for Atomenergi - Removed math, so information theory will remain with the university

The Norwegian Institute of Technology - I suggest a skill 4, otherwise it will be to good a team. Removed mathematics, so that the University would have that niche.

Vedbjørn Tandberg - Name. Apart from a successful radio company he was very kind to his employees. With Skill 6 and just management he would be great for production planning, and some supply techs. What about that?

And Corviz suggestion of Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet
Start Date: 1930
End Date: 1970
Skill 5
Specialty: Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_oslo

According to same wiki article in japanese, "Professor Teiji Takagi was requested by Engineer Tanabe et al to estimate Purple machine's strength" and was "unable to calculate the exact number but estimated at least a trillion possible changes in output".

So it seems he didn't participate in machine development except his calculation.

My proposal is:
83dn3a000000rdqv.jpg

19xx;Shiokawa Shinsuke;T19xx;4;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

and already there is

1904;Mitsubishi Hikoki;T1904;8;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

I'm fine with your proposal but the pic is not as require I think. Could you please check it?

thank you! i actually have the pictures as .bmp's but i didn't know about the format getting changed when i upload them.
http://rapidshare.com/files/309637459/tech_ger_pics.zip.html
I've put the original .bmp pics in an archive, hope that helps.

Thank you. I have coded the teams, added the pictures and modified their names according to the naming conventions. I need please your help for the other german pics.

Code:
27;Daimler Benz;;7;1930;1970;mechanics;technical_efficiency;electronics;artillery;industrial_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
28;Henschel & Sohn;;8;1930;1970;aeronautics;rocketry;mechanics;electronics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
29;Deutsche Werke;;6;1930;1970;naval_engineering;naval_artillery;technical_efficiency;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
30;Arado;;8;1930;1970;aeronautics;rocketry;technical_efficiency;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
31;HASAG;;7;1930;1970;general_equipment;artillery;training;industrial_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
It is there.
I will see yours. Just also make changelogs for the countries you coded!

It is there.
I will see yours. Just also make changelogs for the countries you coded!

I can see it now. I have added the pics and the teams. I have updated the link and the status (please see my signature). No time in this moment to update the changelog.

Last edited:
I'm fine with your proposal but the pic is not as require I think. Could you please check it?

HOL:

2316;Frits Zernike;T2316;6;1970;1970;electronics;chemistry;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x #should be obsolute

holcwi.png

23xx;CWI;T23xx;5;1946;1970;electronics;mathematics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

SWE:

swemmn.png

32xx;MMN;T32xx;6;1946;1963;electronics;mathematics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

swefacit.png

32xx;Facit;T32xx;4;1930;1970;electronics;mathematics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

FRA:

frabull.png

14xx;Compagnie des Machines Bull;T14xx;6;1930;1970;electronics;management;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

JAP:

japshiokawa.png

19xx;Shiokawa Shinsuke;T19xx;4;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;m athematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

All pictures resized within white frame.

Machine guns or rather submachine guns. it produced some mortars and AT cannons (license) if I'm not wrong, but overall it is very hard to find any really useful data.

Ok, fine with that one then.

Chemistry is the task of the Eesti Petro. Kogerman semed important, but as a part of this branch of industry. COULD be included, but I think that he really should be there - his influence seems limited to the oil shale which was the main reason why Eesti Petro is here.

Lets bring him in!

Probably true, though Universitas is here to represent the entire Latvian science including the technical university. I don't think that Latvian science could generate two decent teams. If it does, bot should start with skill 2, I doubt it will be a good idea.

EDIT:

'In 1923 it was renamed Latvian University. Humanities, as well as technical and natural sciences were taught there. The new higher school included all former faculties of Riga Polytechnical Institute except for the faculty of Trade. During the following 40 years higher technical education in Latvia was obtained at the University.'

Seems to be one and the same...

Great, one problem solved.

Ah, you'r right.

Post-war and Soviet.

Doesn’t seem like it when I read THIS

ONE of them could be added. The first one seems more reasonable + there is a good picture we could use.

management + ??

Alternatively both could be represented by

LIETUVOS PREKYBININKŲ, PRAMONININKŲ IR AMATININKŲ SĄJUNGA

LPPAS ?? (I'm not an expert when it comes to the Lithuanian language)

It seems similar in some ways similar to CCI, but weaker.

http://www.lpk.lt/default.asp?DL=L&TopicID=37

LIT_T_LPPAS.jpg

So we have LPPAS Skill 4, management;mechanics

which seems fair - it will be less useful than the CCI, but could find its own uses elsewhere and if more than 2-3 team slots are available for LIT.

Seems to be a good suggestion adding both of them and representing them by only one team. I'm fine with it.

Last edited:
Norway
Framnæs Mekaniske Verksted - name might be not good in your suggestion

Change it to Framnaes

Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt - What about it having Chemistry, Electronics, Mechanics, Combined Arms, Artillery as specialty?

According to Norwegian Wikipedia the institute represents the fields of: mathematics, physics, information technology, chemistry, biology, medicine, psychology, political science, history and economics. Do you think artillery as a team specialty would make the team more relevant in the game? I don’t know myself. It is a theoretical institution though, not producing anything that has to do with artillery.

Institutt for Atomenergi - Removed math, so information theory will remain with the university

I'm fine with that I guess. By the way, norway was actually the 6th country in the world to successfully build a nuclear reactor, after USA, Canada, Soviet, France and Great Britain :D.

The Norwegian Institute of Technology - I suggest a skill 4, otherwise it will be to good a team. Removed mathematics, so that the University would have that niche.

But this is basicly a university. This university should definitely not have a lower skill than Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet. The Norwegian Institute of Technology educated lots and lots of more relevant/valuable scientists in the 20s, 30s and 40s. Vebjørn Otto Tandberg for example, tokk his education at the Norwegian Institute of Technology.

Vedbjørn Tandberg - Name. Apart from a successful radio company he was very kind to his employees. With Skill 6 and just management he would be great for production planning, and some supply techs. What about that?

Change the name to Vedbjoern or Vedbjörn. He was strictly speaking also an electronics engineer. He was the first in the world to developed and produce radios on an assembly line, and his industry was at one time one of the biggest in Norway. I think he deserves an electronics specialty as well, eventually at the cost of some skills. Yeah, let’s skip the ind. engineering specialty for this guy; it’s not relevant In the 30s and 40s I think.

And Corviz suggestion of Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet
Skill 5
Specialty: Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_oslo

Not sure about having two universities for Norway is fear, but I’m ok with it

Great!

Lets bring him in!

Disagree. This way there will be a good reason to generate at least five dozens of chemical techteams for other countries.

Oil shale was the branch of Estonian industry which seems quite advanced, but there is an entire company to deal with it. If Estonia gets another chemistry team Poland for example would need FIVE ( factories in Chorzów, oil wells in Borysów, synthetic rubber factories in Lesser Poland and in Bydgoszcz, several ammunition factories in the COP; not to mention at least 4 important chemists).

So no.

Doesn’t seem like it when I read THIS

Yes, but it was still nothing more than nationalized BMW Repair Workshop with its first bus model designed and produced after the war.
Far too little to justify a techteam, even most primitive one.

Seems to be a good suggestion adding both of them and representing them by only one team. I'm fine with it.

Good, so it is solved.

@kunadam

Could you add this team for LIT ?

LIT_T_LPPAS.jpg

LPPAS Skill 4, management;mechanics

That finishes the question of the Baltics.

Easy1:
I have removed the University and the Hogskole will be the academic institute. The 3 disputed teams now have nearly what you have suggested

Name: Norges Tekniske Høgskole
Skill: 5
Team Specialties: Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics, Industrial engineering
Note: No mechanics, then it would be good for quite some military thing.

Name: Vebjørn Tandberg
Team Specialties: Management, electronics, industrial_engineering

Name: Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt – FFI (The Norwegian Defense Research Establishment)
Start Date: 1946
Team Specialties: Chemistry, Electronics, Management, Combined Arms,
Note: No math, so that would still remain the expertise of the Technical University

Just wondering...have CHC and CHI been compiled yet?

Just wondering...have CHC and CHI been compiled yet?

Not to my knowledge.
Also please check Cardus's post (link in his sig) where he indicates the status of the various countries.

Some picture has been done.

Sweden added
Holland added

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.