• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah create a special Crusader culture :D

I love the inclusion of more French appanages; it's a delight to see how you're really trying to simulate France as it was in the fifteenth century instead of giving us an ahistorical monolithic territorial/governmental entity.

I suppose Jerusalem can only be formed when you release nation/create vassals? but since Judea is Muslim it would be a Muslim state wouldn't it?

Released vassals are always the religion of their lord. I found this out when I was creating reservations in my North American colony: it would've been fine if it weren't for the fact that the Elders or High Chiefs or whatever were now called Dukes.

Is Jerusalem of Cosmopolitaine culture? I think it shouldn't be... considering that its founders were mainly lords of Frankish (not French), Visigothic, Normand and Lombard descent...

Godfrey de Bouillon was probably Frankish, lord of an area quite germanized by Flemish culture. Raimon de Tolosa was of Visigothic ancestors, lord of Occitan lands, nothing to do with French cosmopolitaine, or even Frankish. Bohemon de Taranto was a Normand, son of Robert Guiscard, the Normand conqueror of Sicily (a Viking, in simple words). Robert de Flandres was Frankish, and Flemish. The House of Montferrato is of Lombard origin...

Crusaders came from everywhere. Even king Sigurd of Norway went on Crusade, and he was the first king to do it, before the Second Crusade. Many lords in the First Crusade came from France, but of course France was not today's homogeneous France. Not at all. And the most important of them came from frontier or outside duchies (Lorraine, Flanders, Boulogne, Normandy, Apulia, Toulouse, Catalonia, Genoa), and knight from everywhere kept coming with their troops.

Maybe cosmopolitaine is not the best option, but which one is left? I'm afraid it's gonna be cosmopolitaine...

Norman? I think Norman should not be a French culture. Cause it really is not. >_>

Norman? I think Norman should not be a French culture. Cause it really is not. >_>

Not French: Frankish. It's not the same. Normand lords were Danes, but their servants and subjects were... well, a mix of northern Gauls and Franks. This mixture was what in the XIIth Century was the Normand culture. A dialect of old Francian (not French, but its predecessor), which was spoken also in England since the conquest of 1066, and many points of contact with Francian culture ("pre-cosmopolitaine").

I'd like a restored KoJ with Arabic culture, maybe a Maronite/Sanna KoJ.

That kind of defeats the purpose :D

:p

I definitively do not want to release KoJ as Hungary and have it use French culture. The secret of effective puppet mastery lies in empowering a friendly minority, in this case, oriental Christians.

Why morea couldn't be able to create the "Greek" Empire?or athen, Greel nation exist only in the north of the black sea, not interesting creatable only by greek patriot

15493936.jpg

I'm pretty sute Danzig wasn't there in IN, and I am not sure about Livonian Order...

No more so then Italy... well slightly more so then Italy.
Much more so than Italy, what with the originally-Lombard and then early-Imperial "reges totius Italiae" and so forth, but whatever, this ain't the History subforum.