• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
During tonight’s HEAVY METAL Livestream it was noted that Extended Range Medium Lasers were doing 45-Damage in the video being shown. This cued Ryan to add that Weapon Balance may have been refined for Free Update 1.8 / HEAVY METAL.

I hope more LosTech than just the ER Medium Laser was buffed. I’d really like to see LosTech compete with the +’s of regular weapons.

LosTech should be a touch awe-inspiring and exciting. 45-points of Damage for an ER Medium Laser is just that - awe-inspiring and exciting! : )

Plan on heading over and watching the VOD since I couldn't watch in person but I'm SO glad to hear that LosTech stuff might be getting a little love.

It was a bit disheartening to see something that, as you say, should be awe-inspiring, rendered lackluster and even something that you wouldn't want, when compared with + weaponry.

Edit: Okay, just finished the stream . . . wow. Lots of good info in there. Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on HM . .

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind if they added TSM to the game.
Make it way several tons and only be active when your mech is at least a certain heat level, but being able to move an Assault like a heavy would be worth it.

Are SLDF ERPPCs going to be pseudo Clan ERPPCs with 75 damage? Would be pretty funny to put a pair of them on a Warhammer with its 20% energy damage buff and have them do 90 damage each.
#KeepinUpWithCOILS

I'll note, didn't see it mentioned here. They did confirm there will be more than "only" ten 'Mechs added - there are ten chassis but more variants!

ASN-21 and ASN-101
ARC-1R and ARC-2S
FLE-4 and FLE-15
VL-2T and VL-5T
RFL-3N and RFL-3C
ANH-1A
PHX-1 and PHX-1K
WHM-6R and WHM-6D (I think I heard)
MAD-3R
BSK-MAZ and another unknown BSK model.

Along with this, the LCT-1E and SDR-5K are included.

From what I understood in one of the streams (can't recall which one, sadly :oops:, but it was prolly the second which was dedicated entirely to the new mechs ), the other BSK variant uses standard equipment and weapons. But I have no idea whether it will include the Thumper or the Mortar or either. :confused:

Just a few more days to go...

From what I understood in one of the streams (can't recall which one, sadly :oops:, but it was prolly the second which was dedicated entirely to the new mechs ), the other BSK variant uses standard equipment and weapons. But I have no idea whether it will include the Thumper or the Mortar or either. :confused:

Just a few more days to go...
As I understood it, the “other” Bull Shark would be Thumperless and Mortar-Free. :bow:

As I understood it, the “other” Bull Shark would be Thumperless and Mortar-Free. :bow:

Well . . . Thumper-less. Mortar-free? That's up to Yang's crews and our decisions ;)

Well . . . Thumper-less. Mortar-free? That's up to Yang's crews and our decisions ;)
We were speaking of the second type of Bull Shark that Mitch and Ryan mentioned would be in the game. The Variant without the Thumper. Customizing should see the Mortar possible at some point during the mini-Campaign The Bull Shark Variant.

But even Yang can’t take a Thumper (or any of the upcoming Mech Special Equipment) off one Mech and add it to a second Mech...

...that is left up to our Modding Community. : )

During tonight’s HEAVY METAL Livestream it was noted that Extended Range Medium Lasers were doing 45-Damage in the video being shown. This cued Ryan to add that Weapon Balance may have been refined for Free Update 1.8 / HEAVY METAL.

I hope more LosTech than just the ER Medium Laser was buffed. I’d really like to see LosTech compete with the +’s of regular weapons.

LosTech should be a touch awe-inspiring and exciting. 45-points of Damage for an ER Medium Laser is just that - awe-inspiring and exciting! : )

That has my interest! I remember doing the Flashpoint where you can get a bunch of Pulse Lasers from that custom T-Bolt and getting hyped about them. Later in the mech lab I started doing the math on weight/heat vs damage and sticking to boring old + variant standard lasers.

Having LosTech gear clearly be better than the + variant would go a long way to making them feel like a big reward on Flashpoints, and would also lead to occasions of "Oh god do I field my 'Special' Black Knight with the Pulse Lasers and the ER Large Laser on this op? Those parts are irreplaceable!"

Have anyone purchase the DLC via the Steam store? I have checked but it says that is not available yet, that was yesterday.
This pic was pulled just minutes ago. While the Season Pass remains for sale, stand alone purchase of HEAVY METAL won’t likely be possible until Release Day.
782A9D43-36B3-4CCF-9017-E870DF47F06E.jpeg

I always look at it this way - we all gain access at the same time and can immediately meet in BATTLETECH Multiplayer within a few minutes of one another (depending on download times and internet providers, of course.) :bow: