• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimJ4m

Head of Community
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2019
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Today at the PDXcon announcement show we revealed the details of BATTLETECH HEAVY METAL!

First let's check out the trailer :cool:

Our main focus this time is MECHS and more MECHS! Eight new metal behemoths are coming your way!
BATTLETECH HEAVY METAL is out on the 21st of November!

We will continue to show off all the new shiny toys during PDXcon so stay tuned on our channels, and makes sure to watch the BATTLETECH STREAM 19.30 CEST today (19/10) on twitch.tv/pdxcon!

More info on HEAVY METAL here!

Mech, Mechs and more Mechs sounds very, very good to me! : )

Great expansion and exceptional update! I can’t wait for them both!

The part about OFFICIAL Mod Support has me the most interested and excited.

Well that got added to my calendar right quick...

Okay, so except for the bullshark, I've seen all of these mechs (and weapons) provided by mods before. Now let's hear about the things that actually add something new, like new storylines, perhaps?

Okay, so looking at that trailer, here's what we'll get:

New 'Mechs
  • Flea FLE-15
  • Vulcan VL-2T
  • Assassin ASN-21
  • Phoenix Hawk PXH-1
  • Rifleman RFL-3N
  • Archer ARC-2R
  • Bull Shark BSK-MAZ - HBS creation, 95 tons and mounting Thumper cannon(s).
  • Annihilator ANH-1A
Edit: Plus the Warhammer and Marauder in the free 1.8 update. So that's TEN new 'Mechs to play with

New weapons
  • COIL-S, COIL-M, COIL-L - HBS creation, new beam weapon
  • Snub PPC
  • UAC 2, 5, 10, 20
  • LB-X 2, 5, 10, 20
  • Inferno rounds
  • TAG
  • Narc
  • 'Mech mortar
Edit: The screenshots:

BT_HeavyMetal1.jpg

BT_HeavyMetal2.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, so except for the bullshark, I've seen all of these mechs (and weapons) provided by mods before. Now let's hear about the things that actually add something new, like new storylines, perhaps?

while these things have been added by modders....the unofficial modding system in use now is far from perfect.
many of these mod added mechs and weapon systems have small issues
also the weapon systems added wont necessarily function in any of the various interpretations done by the modders.

dont get me wrong the modders have done great things....but with official mod support things are gonna get even better.
the official addition of things done by the modders will give them a better baseline to go off of in future mod making.

@stjobe
the COIL Beam is a energy weapon....
its energy output increases based on the distance traveled by the attacking mech before firing
The further it moves, the harder it hits, which could give fast-moving light mechs a real punch

in other words you wind it up and let it go.....further you wind it..bigger it hits

@stjobe
the COIL Beam is a energy weapon....
its energy output increases based on the distance traveled by the attacking mech before firing
The further it moves, the harder it hits, which could give fast-moving light mechs a real punch

in other words you wind it up and let it go.....further you wind it..bigger it hits
Thank you, I've updated the post :thumbsup:

Also, if I understood things correctly, the Thumper cannon can only shoot twice, but does massive AoE damage.

NEW FLASHPOINT MINI-CAMPAIGN
Come face-to-face with two legendary characters from BATTLETECH lore - the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow of Wolf’s Dragoons. A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space; what secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?
- Steam page for Heavy Metal​

are we still getting the warhammer and marauder ?
Yes, they're in the free 1.8 update that comes alongside Heavy Metal.

Mech additions and flashpoints and mod-support sound great!
I can not help feeling a bit worried about the weapons though: will there finally be an option to keep the 3025 setting clean of these lostech additions or maybe limit them to timeline appropriate rediscovery dates?

Video
Is there a Twitch VOD and a timestamp, where I can watch Mitch do the announcement?

EDIT:
Found it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/496621534?t=00h55m30s

Looks like crowd didn't came to Berlin for Battletech (although at least the tabletop is still somewhat popular in germany), but I hope Mitch can win them over at the gamestations.

Last edited:
well i need to change my pants after seeing that the Annie is coming with Heavy Metal XD one of the all time favorite mechs ^_^

Last edited:
well i need the change my pants after seeing that the Annie is coming with Heavy Metal XD one of the all time favorite mechs ^_^
And it will have its stock quad LB-10X armament as well. Shotgun frenzy! :)