• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The devs have said there are reasons for this tech to exist in this location and time. They haven't mentioned what those reasons are because of spoilers.

I think this expansion is the furthest from canon, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun.

The devs have said there are reasons for this tech to exist in this location and time. They haven't mentioned what those reasons are because of spoilers.

I think this expansion is the furthest from canon, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun.
I think what he means is that even on Planets and in Stores not tied to the mini-Campaign, these Weapons are beginning to show up. Though I would be surprised to see COIL Weapons in a Store...

Exactly. I saw a UAC/20 in the store on the starting planet on beginning a new (i.e. the Arano) campaign. As far as I read before-hand, the explanation for these weapons to be available would be made clear in the mini campaign, as it has to do with some stray ship being found.

So I suppose that ship has already been found, and the weapons spread throughout the region, before the mini campaign launches. Otherwise...I don't know.

So Heavy Metal's up on Steam, and it's only $19.99, just like the other DLCs. For anybody worried there was going to be a sudden spike in price... nope, you're in the clear.

Side note, the recent reviews for BT on Steam are really positive, though my personal favorite just says "It's okay I guess" from somebody with over 1,000 hours. :p

So their entertainment was .04 cents per hour. That's some value there.