• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
During last night’s HEAVY METAL Livestream Ryan and Mitch conformed that COIL Weapons have been added to the BATTLETECH Store.

I believe they were speaking of the Campaign and Career Mode Stores.

But there is a chance COIL Weapons and the other 7 new weapons from HEAVY METAL may carry forward into BATTLETECH Multiplayer too.

That is my hope.

Also during last night’s Livestream, I asked about if the four Kickstarter Lances (Sword of Light, Gray Death Legion, Black Widow Company and Foxes Teeth) would be in the 21NOV Free Update.

Mitch said, “No.” But he went on to acknowledge the question of these Kickstarter Lances in such a manner as to spark in me the hope that these Skirmish (Single and Multiplayer) Lances May one day be included in a Free Update. : )

Anyone catch any other BATTLETECH Multiplayer Information from last night’s livestream?

From tonight’s HEAVY METAL Livestream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/505330806) it appears that while BATTLETECH will be getting each of the 8 New BattleMechs (though the Multiplayer Bull Shark Variant will be the one without the Thumper Cannon), unfortunately none of the 8 new HEAVY METAL Weapons will be appearing in the Skirmish MechLab. So neither Single Player Skirmish nor Multiplayer will be seeing the 8 New Weapons (COIL, LBX, UAC, Snub-nose PPC, Mech Mortar, Infernos, TAG, and NARC)

Though I do hold out hope there will eventually be a Multiplayer Mod to add these weapons to the BATTLETECH Multiplayer Experience. : )

EDIT: Two new map types will be added to Campaign and Career Mode, but will not be available in Single or Multiplayer Skirmish Modes.

Last edited:
I assume that this will be like the past expansions, New mechs are only available to players who own the update.

Maybe it's good that the weapons are not in the skirmish modes. IF we ever do get some tournament play going again it would be a small mess if new mechs, with quirks and new weapons were only available to some and not others.

The Good News is that the two new maps we’ll be getting this week are part of Free Update 1.8

The Bad News is that neither map has a Skirmish version. Between that and the fact that none of the new weapons are appearing in Skirmish Mode, the HEAVY METAL DLC won’t offer as much of a BATTLETECH Multiplayer boost as I had hoped.

I assume that this will be like the past expansions, New mechs are only available to players who own the update.

Maybe it's good that the weapons are not in the skirmish modes. IF we ever do get some tournament play going again it would be a small mess if new mechs, with quirks and new weapons were only available to some and not others.
The Warhammer and Marauder are available, for free, to those who update to 1.8. For those that have purchased the DLC they will also get the other eight 'mechs.

As expected, none of the new weapons have appeared in the Skirmish MechLab.

But we do have the new HEAVY METAL Mechs with there Quirks to enjoy!

And I have it on excellent authority that the Quirks themselves have no value in the BattleMech Valuation Process.

So “Buyer Be Warned!” If your Multiplayer Opponent-of-the-Moment has chosen 4 HEAVY METAL Mechs and you have chosen to four #originalBATTLETECH BattleMechs...

...you’ve bid away an advantage to your opponent! : )