• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
asd21593 said:
There are even reports of young women ripping off their clothes and throwing themselves on the young Emperor!
:rofl:

The war with steppe nomads will serve as the first test for the young Emperor

@Snugglie: You should try to achieve what the AI Lotharingia has done so far in this AAR :p

asd21593 said:
I threw that in for the hell of it, just to make us horny nerds laugh. :p

:) asd
Oh come on! All girls love the sole ruler of the (orthodox) world! Just let the patriarch absolve you from your sins every now and again and you should be fine. :rofl:

~Lord Valentine~

Heaven On Earth

Emperor Alexios II: Warrior’s Quest
(Mood Music)

crusade.jpg

Alexios II chose the year 1200 as a good starting point for his next war. He would be at the age of 30, at the peak of his strength, and more than ready for war. In the year 1200 AD, Alexios II would invade the Seljuk Empire. He saw no better way to cement his place in history than to conquer the ancient enemy of Orthodoxy, the Turks.

So on his 30th birthday, Alexios II sent out a messenger, carrying a declaration of war, to the Turkish sultan. Trailing behind the messenger was an Orthodox army of 140,000 men, divided into 4 groups. A group of 15,000 men was heading for Armenia. Another group of 25,000 was headed for Antioch. And two large groups of 50,000 each were heading for Kurdistan and Jerusalem, respectively. And from these locations the armies would invade the Seljuk Empire and head for Azerbaijan, northern Iraq, Baghdad, and central Iraq.

ss26xy1.png

A map showing the Orthodox plan of invasion

Upon reaching their respective destinations, the 4 armies rested for a week. They were careful not to attack the Turks until the messenger reached the Sultan and officially declared war. A surprise attack into Turkish lands would cause much damage to the already disliked Orthodox Empire’s reputation.

Finally, about 3 weeks after the messenger left Constantinople, he returned within Orthodox borders and the news spread that the Sultan had received the declaration of war. All four armies moved into Turkish territory as soon as they got the news. The first conquest of the war was Azerbaijan. Even though the Orthodox army invading the region was the smallest, at 15,000, it was the easiest to conquer. It wasn’t very heavily populated nor was it well defended. The total number of Turkish defenders in Azerbaijan is estimated to be at about 5,000. So it is no wonder that the Orthodox easily won the area, while losing only a couple of hundred of men in the process. But there was still much to conquer.

War-Drummonds.jpg

A modern depiction of Orthodox soldiers fighting in Azerbaijani ruins

So now all of the eastern world will be in Orthodox hands, very nice, although a rough war awaits young Alexios

So Alexios is picking up the cloak of Alexander. Let's hope he does better than him. After all Alexander died with little more than 30 years if I recall correctly.
Honestly I am waiting for a giant disaster to befall your huge empire. :p

~Lord Valentine~

Lord Valentine said:
So Alexios is picking up the cloak of Alexander. Let's hope he does better than him. After all Alexander died with little more than 30 years if I recall correctly.
Honestly I am waiting for a giant disaster to befall your huge empire. :p

~Lord Valentine~

Give him three years to conquer the Turks, after that, he will suddenly die and his empire will be torned apart by his succesors ;) :p

Capibara said:
Give him three years to conquer the Turks, after that, he will suddenly die and his empire will be torned apart by his succesors ;) :p
I wouldn't mind that! If you ask me that was one of the most interesting periods of history. Just think of all the intriguing figures: Antiochos Monophtalmos, Ptolemy, Lysimachos, Seleucos, Kassandros, Perdicas, Eumenes...
All more or less ruthless, more or less brilliant men struggling for their piece of the pie. Sounds very byzantine if you ask me. :D

~Lord Valentine~

Lord Valentine said:
I wouldn't mind that! If you ask me that was one of the most interesting periods of history. Just think of all the intriguing figures: Antiochos Monophtalmos, Ptolemy, Lysimachos, Seleucos, Kassandros and Eumenes. All more or less ruthless, more or less brilliant men struggling for their piece of the pie. Sounds very byzantine if you ask me. :D

~Lord Valentine~

That's right! Although I doubt asd agrees with us in splitting his empire

I have no problem with destroying empires. I too love it when an AAR shows defeat. Its even more fun to write about it.

I won't spoil anything, but lets just say that most AARs (and real life empires) have some sort of low period or downfall... ;)

*looks at date*

Temujin.

My gosh, my old Templar Chapter goes to war! :D

Ancient enemy is turk?

haha, they have not been there for more than 250 years. :p

Very ancient. :rolleyes:

Young women allways like young emperors as we nerds like reading of young women. :rofl:

Mojo?!?!?!

asd21593 said:
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've become a bit lazy :p . I'll try to write one today and have it posted by tomorrow...

more young women included? :D :p

Heaven On Earth

Emperor Alexios II: The Birth Of The Dragon
(Mood Music)

Tatarsinvade.jpg

After the fall of Azerbaijan, the majority of the 15,000 troops there were free to help the other Orthodox armies invading Iraq. However, there was no need to, 125,000 troops were already joined and marching on Baghdad after securing their designated areas. So the Azerbaijani 15,000 marched into northern Persia and ravaged the countryside.

Meanwhile, the regions that the other 3 armies were assigned to conquer had been conquered by the end of the year 1200. So they joined up into one massive army commanded by none other than Emperor Alexios II himself. They marched on Baghdad in the spring of 1201. The battle would decide the war. Baghdad was the capital of the Seljuk Empire and its loss would cause their empire to collapse and grant certain victory to the Orthodox.

Alexios II, as part of his extensive education, knew the impact of fear and surprise on a battle. He kept his army far away from the city, so it was completely out of sight. Using his large numbers, he surrounded the city with his men, though still out of sight. He created an intelligence barrier that allowed no news in or out of the city. Every messenger sent out of the capital was killed by Orthodox troops once they reached them. And within the city itself, fear and panic erupted as supplies ran low and no one knew why. Some started to say that the entire empire had been destroyed and only Baghdad remained. Rioters held officials hostage, demanding answers. No one knew why this isolation had suddenly settled on the city.

After 2 months of supplies running out, riots, and the horror of no one ever reaching the gates of the center of the Muslim world, the city had reached the breaking point. And this is when Alexios II struck. As the sun set, thousands upon thousands of Orthodox soldiers charged over the horizon, coming from all directions. The horrifying silhouette converged on the city with fire and stone. Turkish guards on the towers jumped to their deaths in fear and panic. In less than an hour, the Orthodox were within the city, making it the fastest breach of walls ever. Their horrifying surprise had left the walls nearly defenseless, making it easy to simply break holes in the walls.

doj_roberts_01.jpg

Orthodox troops converging on Baghdad

By the time the sun rose the morning after, the city was in Orthodox hands. Its defenders were slaughtered. And, in drunken revelry, Alexios II let his men run rampant throughout the city, destroying many of the mosques and important buildings. By the time the sun set once more the city was aflame. To bring even more scorn on himself, Alexios II ordered that the finest Baghdadi young women be brought to him, stripped, and forced to spend the night with him. In sober skill Baghdad was captured. In drunken debauchery it was ravaged. It was for this that the Turks nicknamed Alexios II "the Dragon."

Tokhtamysh.jpg

A modern, slightly abstracted painting showing the fiery results of the Siege of Baghdad

Last edited: