• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladiner

Private
41 Badges
Feb 10, 2016
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
hi i have bouth hearts of iron 1 and 3 and i have the nuber 3 on stem and the nuber 1 on a cd. i bught the harts of iron 3 bicuse i tught it was going to be bether then the hearts of iron 1 it was not i just cant get ecsited over soldiers represented trugh numbers. i find the hearts of iron 1 to be a much bether game but i cant get it to run. i have lookt arond the internet trying to find somone that can aswer this my cd is slightly scracht but that was no problem on my old pc. pls help hearts of iron 1 is one of my favorit game and looking forwoth to harts of iron 4 wich looks more realistic but for now i find 1 to be the best one and i wud trade my hearts of iron 3 for a new hearts of iron 1 anny day.

What do you mean by sayingt that you can't get it to run? Does your CD work? If not we can't help you. Do you get any popups? Does it crash? Did you upgrade your system to Windows 8/Windows 10?

What do you mean by sayingt that you can't get it to run? Does your CD work? If not we can't help you. Do you get any popups? Does it crash? Did you upgrade your system to Windows 8/Windows 10?

my system runs on windows 8 is that a problem
ive also tried a lot of other things like taking the autorun file in to the game and like murging the files from the cd and game but nothing sems to work whren i try to run the game it pops up a it first opens the regular panel whit the options for uninstal instal play and exit then demo shild pops up and then nothing

right now i am trying to get the files from my old ps on usb stick and thows files work just fine bicuse i have tryd puting the cd in to my old pc the game runs but i cant play on my old pc i have lost my charger luckely a friend of my had one that i culd borow

hi i have bouth hearts of iron 1 and 3 and i have the nuber 3 on stem and the nuber 1 on a cd. i bught the harts of iron 3 bicuse i tught it was going to be bether then the hearts of iron 1 it was not i just cant get ecsited over soldiers represented trugh numbers. i find the hearts of iron 1 to be a much bether game but i cant get it to run. i have lookt arond the internet trying to find somone that can aswer this my cd is slightly scracht but that was no problem on my old pc. pls help hearts of iron 1 is one of my favorit game and looking forwoth to harts of iron 4 wich looks more realistic but for now i find 1 to be the best one and i wud trade my hearts of iron 3 for a new hearts of iron 1 anny day.

When you install Hearts of Iron 1 from CD you should make sure that you have the latest patch installed if it´s not already version 1.06c
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/latest-patch-is-1-06c.56910/

it dident work it prity much the same as direct x and jes i did the same as in the video anny ide if i can do annything in C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Hearts of iron in the hol program file i tryd changing the propertys there and in the autorun sevral times

hi i have bouth hearts of iron 1 and 3 and i have the nuber 3 on stem and the nuber 1 on a cd. i bught the harts of iron 3 bicuse i tught it was going to be bether then the hearts of iron 1 it was not i just cant get ecsited over soldiers represented trugh numbers. i find the hearts of iron 1 to be a much bether game but i cant get it to run. i have lookt arond the internet trying to find somone that can aswer this my cd is slightly scracht but that was no problem on my old pc. ..

Well you could always wait for a sale on GOG
http://www.gog.com/game/hearts_of_iron
or for a used copy of Hearts of Iron "Platinum Edition" or "Anthology" that include the patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.