• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks to all!! Very interested in the PDF at its present state. Where can I grab it? I think I must have overlooked the link. As far as jumping into HOI4 land, many of us seasoned veterans of Paradox Games don't automatically go for the new and shiny. I prefer the tried and true. I can remember back to the post release days of HOI3, and it was getting all kinds of bad press here in the forums. Now, it's a beautiful thing.

For me, it was too slow back in the day, so I continued on with HOI2 mods like Darkest Hour. There's still activity in those forums. Many of us have crappy computers, a problem solved by jumping back to previous versions. I just don't feel like abandoning my investment in learning, especially with superb guides like this one. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Great to hear misterbean!

Small update - 30/54 done.
559 pages so far.

I am also creating bookmarks from the Chapter headings, for easier jumping to and fro.

BTW, just to chime in on the "love after HOI4" point - I think from reading various discussions and articles (and just right now after I finished listening to the newest Three Moves Ahead podcast, where they dissected HOI4 - admittedly not in a pleasant way), HOI3 is going to stay for at least a year or two, before HOI4 gets patched and updated to a more "acceptable" level. And given many sales on Steam/GOG to get HOI3 cheap, many folks might jump on its bandwagon, especially since it is now the most polished version (even despite any lingering faults). And - there are many many mods out there.

Did HOI3 not follow the same path, until TFH, eh? :)

I wasn't a good Paradox citizen on my earlier post about this, because I got lazy and didn't look at some of the earlier posts. Suffice it to say, I found the link and also the post quoted above. By far the largest cost on any Paradox game is the learning curve. Many times I will decide on a mod or an expansion based on the amount of high quality documentation and tutorials that are available. Please PLEASE don't worry about the sizes of the files. @misterbean and @joeyeti. This is great work you're doing. Don't compromise it.

Reactions:
I have read through this AAR and Take two. Awesome stuff and I learned a lot from it. Thank you.

HOI4 is still sub-par (Example: WWII being called "The German-Polish War")

HOI3 is still awesome (Example: BlackICE)

Please continue. I've learned a lot from the AAR, and I'd hate to see it abandoned.

Reactions:
HOI3 is absolutly awesome and extremly so with BICE or any other of the premium mods for it.
It continues to amaze me what the mod guys pump out of the game that wasnt in it at all at the beginning.

But I doubt that the same will be said in a year or so about HOI4.

Reactions:
HOI3 is absolutly awesome and extremly so with BICE or any other of the premium mods for it.
It continues to amaze me what the mod guys pump out of the game that wasnt in it at all at the beginning.

But I doubt that the same will be said in a year or so about HOI4.

But HOI3 sucked when it started out. Ask any old timer. Hold on to that HOI4. It'll be great some day. The cool thing with Paradox and the mod community is they keep plugging away. What I'm always looking for is a mature game and plenty of good learning materials, like @misterbean's. Speaking of which, I have a question about the Take Two training that I'll put in a separate post.

Reactions:
You're welcome.

i'm still plugging away myself on Take Two. See attached image of the beginning of Chapter 12.
Take2trades.png
Should I terminate the earlier trade deals with USA and SU? Is there any downside to that provided that I immediately institute these new ones, or is there a way to "change" the earlier ones to the later opposite ones?

But HOI3 sucked when it started out. Ask any old timer. Hold on to that HOI4. It'll be great some day.

Thats a promise you cant be sure of.
Given the inside mechanics of HOI4 modding certain features into it like fuel and supplies,transport planes transporting supplies, proper air warfare, etc. is maybe impossible. Waiting for a game that will never arrive is not my cup of tea so I prefer to stick to HOI3 with all the mods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
i'm still plugging away myself on Take Two. See attached image of the beginning of Chapter 12. View attachment 208370 Should I terminate the earlier trade deals with USA and SU? Is there any downside to that provided that I immediately institute these new ones, or is there a way to "change" the earlier ones to the later opposite ones?

No, you just keep them both going because you need to get your resource gain up to speed soon enough to provide a buffer for after the war has started. Germany has plenty of IC, so producing some extra supplies to cover the added "burden" should not be a problem.

Thats a promise you cant be sure of.
Given the inside mechanics of HOI4 modding certain features into it like fuel and supplies,transport planes transporting supplies, proper air warfare, etc. is maybe impossible. Waiting for a game that will never arrive is not my cup of tea so I prefer to stick to HOI3 with all the mods.

You're correct. I can't be sure of that promise. However, if you look over to the left, you'll notice I've had thirteen years of experience, on twenty-three different games or expansions, including eight directly related to the HOI franchise. Just sayin' When I start evaluating the value of any information on these forums, I look to how long and how wide the experience is of the poster. After that, number of posts. This is exactly why all those data points are shown.

That all being said, I've had no experience at all with HOI IV. If I ever do get it, which I probably will eventually, it'll probably be a year or two from now.

Reactions: