• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, I heard about using your own threat in this regard, but I could never figure out how that works.

Thank you for this contribution, Iwo Jima.

With my pleasure :)

When you will conquer Hungary, you will get high threat on most neighbours. So, you could use your own threats on them instead of their threats.
This called in game "mutual threat", so, you can DoW a country that threats you, or instead the country, that could DoW you, because you threat them. (preemptive strike)

There are also some modificators for Axis (-25%) and in a case you have your cores in target country (-20%). e.g., Germany to DoW Poland has -45% Modifier. If Romania cede Bessarabia to USSR, dowing USSR will be more easy ))) Hope, you will not do this)))

TBH, I don't plan on playing until then. I hope to finish the mini-campaign before that happens.

After the Balkans have been united under a single flag.

What makes you think I'm planning to join forces with Germany?

What makes you think I'm planning to join forces with Germany?

the joke was that if you dont get it in time it will be the germans who will Unite all of balkans in their own way.
essentially joke on your
"I hope to finish the mini-campaign before that happens."

Spanish Civil war has 1/120 chance (4 month mean time to happen) of happening every day that:
1) It didn't happen yet.
2) Nat. Spain does not exist (had a game, where a province of SPR revolted and became peaceful SPA)
3) SPR has a centrist or left-wing government.
4) SPR is not at war.

the joke was that if you dont get it in time it will be the germans who will Unite all of balkans in their own way.
essentially joke on your
"I hope to finish the mini-campaign before that happens."

Oh, ok. Got you. Yeah, let's hope the joke is not on me. On the other hand, if I can take Austria before they do, then Germany will no longer share a border with Yugoslavia. Austria is looking good, but in one of my test runs, I was too slow with the Czechs and Germany took the Sudetenland while my invasion was happening.

Spanish Civil war has 1/120 chance (4 month mean time to happen) of happening every day that:
1) It didn't happen yet.
2) Nat. Spain does not exist (had a game, where a province of SPR revolted and became peaceful SPA)
3) SPR has a centrist or left-wing government.
4) SPR is not at war.

Thank you. I had no idea. In other words, it is almost inevitable.

TBH, I don't plan on playing until then. I hope to finish the mini-campaign before that happens.

:(
So, you'll create a big country, but we will not find out, is it solid or not?
Btw, what is your grand strategy? What would you do, when Giants awake?

I have a save from an old game dated 1943, proving that it could be a viable option for a longterm campaign.

I think I did give up Bessarabia on that one, though, because I had chosen to stay neutral, just to see what would happen.

Last edited:
syJGSfc.png

xygTGG7.png

KQgp01W.png

There you are. No faction affiliation and still in control of Bessarabia.

Reactions:
I would suggest you one additional goal - to become Major Power. Because, you will be one step from it. Your base IC in 1943 is very close to 100.

That would be quite easy, wouldn't it? Here, though, IC building will be taught with a different nation.

Well, first I will show you how this was achieved, which involves some important new combat mechanics. That will take at least 2 more chapters.

Ah, I'm looking forward to this. I read your take two tutorial, but things didn't really progress the same way since I have TFH. I also like the concept of playing different nations to learn different things.

Ah, I'm looking forward to this. I read your take two tutorial, but things didn't really progress the same way since I have TFH. I also like the concept of playing different nations to learn different things.

Welcome. Glad to have you on board.

By late February, I have 10 spies in both SU and Yugoslavia. I wll now be able to spread my Leadership around some more, putting 4.2 points into research and 0.22 into Diplomacy. There is no point in training officers when we have a Volunteer Army. I am going to research Agriculture and the two Industry techs plus the infantry techs, since those are the most obvious shortcomings.

What is the point of putting 4.2 points over 4.0... Does it really give any benefit that 0.2 extra? I was under the impression that the best approach was to devote full points...

What is the point of putting 4.2 points over 4.0... Does it really give any benefit that 0.2 extra? I was under the impression that the best approach was to devote full points...

The effect is negligable, but every bit helps when you're so far behind in tech.