• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A few notes

The HoI Spotlight is being removed. With the oncoming of HoI3 AARs and the two or three that start here weekly, I can’t see the point of adding new AARs since the new AARs ought to be easy enough to spot.

Ongoing AARs and any broken links (I know there’s at least one that needs fixing) will be updated on the first of the month.

2005 is complete and 2006 should be complete by the end of next week. With partial work already completed in 2008 I see no reason why this project can’t be completed within the next few months ( 3 or 4... or 10 :cool: )

The modification re-classifications will probably be pushed back another month or at least until two weeks into September.

Next weekend I’ll begin putting Completed AARs into the Genre section.

Comedy will not be considered a genre.

Nation : Germany
Title : Flight of the Eagle - A German MDS2 AAR
Start Date : July 3 2007
End Date : Ongoing
Flight of the Eagle
Category : Oral History

An early month note: Due to the volume of writers and the many abandoned threads in this forum, I’m no longer going to be putting abandoned AARs in the AAR by Author section. Adding the abandoned threads on top of those that are complete or ongoing is simply too much work, and besides, there’s always the Inkwell.

Abandoned AARs with mods will also be removed, again, due to the amount of work. If I was able to come in on the ground floor with this library, inputting these AARs (and all my other ideas, some of which I had to remove) would’ve been no problem and upkeep would’ve been simple. But as it stands I still have 50 pages of threads to go through (if this were any other forum I would’ve been done a while ago) and I’m not going to burden myself by inputting AARs abandoned by their own authors.

If I can’t tell what country you played within the first couple of posts, chances are your AAR is not included in the library. This means that if you have a “Vote for my country” starting off your AAR, I didn’t bother looking through it. There are too many to do so. This also means if you choose to remain ambiguous, I’m not going to look through pages and pages of text just to find out your country. It isn’t important to me but if its important to you, either post your description in the Update Thread (here) or leave a public post on my profile page... or whatever its called. I’ll delete your post after I’ve gotten to it.

If your AAR was Complete in under 60 posts between July 2006 - now, leave a public post on my profile page with a link. There are too many abandoned HOI2 threads with fewer than 60 posts and looking at every single one would only serve to waste time.

If you abandon your AAR in favor of an HOI3 AAR, I must warn you that I’m putting together a team to capture deserters and return them to the front lines. :cool:

And guys, enough with the Germany AARs. Seriously! ;)

Can we get an ETA on adding the ongoing AAR's already posted in this thread to the library?

I didn’t even see your response until now. It never appeared as an unread thread... weird.

Right now, all AARs in this thread are in the library. This was the very first thing I did and I’ve been adding to it whenever someone posted their new AAR. However, if there have been people who are editing their posts, they should know that I don’t see those; I don’t go over old pages in an aged thread.

To others:

Anyway, if current writers would post their AARs in this thread, I would put them in the library. Ultimately, it is the writer’s responsibility to request that their AAR be placed in the library. Once I get caught up to current AARs, this thread will be completely useless but until then, if writers want their AARs in the library right now, they have to use it.

I didn’t even see your response until now. It never appeared as an unread thread... weird.

Right now, all AARs in this thread are in the library. This was the very first thing I did and I’ve been adding to it whenever someone posted their new AAR.

LibrAARy said:
REPUBLIC

“All Under The Heaven”: Nationalist China AAR
petermeter
1936 -
History book
Abandoned

The Art of War: a confucianist reaction to imperialism
Tiresias
1936 -
History book
Abandoned

Awakening the Dragon: The Guomindang at war 1936-46
Gjerg Kastrioti
1936 - 1941
History book
Abandoned

Chiang risks it all - NatChi RISK AAR
Comrade Kalle
1936 -
Gameplay
Abandoned

Empire from Ashes: China's Quest for Glory (1936 - ?)
Exterous
1936 -
Narrative
Abandoned

I feel like kind of a jackass saying this but my AAR still isn't in there.

Ah, I see the problem.

Porkman said:
Nation: Nationalist China
Title: China's AARight to be Hostile - A different way for the Guomindang
Start date: 1936
End date (planned): 1949
Category: Gameplay with a dash of narrative.
Link: in my sig

I never bother looking at people’s signatures because they change so often. To avoid this I wrote the below twice in this thread; once at the start and the second when I took over about 3/4 of the way through:

Brandenburg III said:
Welcome to the new HOI 2 LibrAARy update thread. To help me out, post here when you start and end an AAR:

Nation
Title
Start Date
End Date (if ending an AAR due to completion, corrupted saves, abandonment etc.)
A Link
Category (History book, Narrative, Gameplay, Comedy or Hybrid.)

Please do not write “Link is in my sig.”

But I’ll add it when I update the library again; some updating will be done tonight and the rest will be continued on the weekend.

Since its been a bit since my last library update, I’ll go ahead and do that now.

Dates in the Library: Currently Beginning - 18 - 7 - 2007
2- 7 - 2008 - 31 - 10 - 2008 all AARs between these dates are in the library. Currently I’m working on a massive update which will bring the dates up to Beginning - 1 - 1 - 2008. All these AARs ought to be in the library by the end of the weekend.

Right now I’m on page 35 of 88 (which is far larger than any other Paradox library) and have a planned end date for early December. But that doesn’t include the other aspects of the library such as Genre, Mods, Awards, etc.

Mod Section: I’ll be working a little this weekend and finish next weekend the mod updates. This will mean the mod section will finally become a working product for the library. Again, only completed AARs will go into this section and only the five most popular mods will have links to them in the library.

Genre & Awards:
These two sections will be added after the library is completed. As mentioned above, only completed AARs will go into the Genre section.

Why I Don't Include Abandoned AARs in The Other Sections: Time. It would take too much time to add the abandoned AARs, and as you can see from the Country section, there are plenty of them. If I had taken over the library from the start, I wouldn’t have allowed it to fall into such disrepair and I’d not only be able to include all abandoned AARs - even those under 60 posts - but there were a few other ideas I had that couldn’t be included. Unfortunately, before my arrival, the HOI2 Library was largely ignored and mismanaged, if it can be said that anyone ever managed it at all.

Ongoing AARs: On average, I’m updating these every 2 - 3 months but after I’ve completed the library, I’ll be updating this slot every single month. But what constitutes an ongoing AAR is more important. It depends. For most AARs, if a post updating the AAR hasn’t been posted by the author in about 3 - 4 months, then its abandoned. Frankly put, it doesn’t matter how often you say you’re going to update if you’re not going to. I’d rather the library be efficient and save people the time from burning through your AAR only to find that in fact, it really isn’t ongoing.

However, I’m more lenient on AARs that have been on the forums for a while. For these I may allow up to six months but I can’t see myself allowing any more time than that.

If you find your AAR abandoned but have resumed posting, you’ll have to leave a public message on my profile because I don’t go through abandoned AARs just to see if they’ve been revived. After I’ve read your message and updated the library, I’ll delete the public profile message which will let you know I’ve read it.

HOI2 Spotlight: With HOI2 AARs surprisingly still going strong in spite of HOI3, I’m thinking about bringing back the HOI2 Spotlight to highlight new AARs. This isn’t definite but I am thinking about it. If it does come back, it’ll be updated every Saturday.

Nation: Japan
Title: Land of the Samurai
Start Date: 1893
End Date: Ongoing
A Link: Here
Category: Narrative

Just found out about this feature, so here are my AARs

Nation: Italy
Title: ItaliAAR - a short Italian campaign
Start date: 1-1-1936
End date: ongoing
Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435009
Category: unsure, hybrid gameplay/narrative I guess.

Question: is there a way to rename my AAR? The 'short campaign'-part was a mistake from my part when naming the AAR.

Second AAR

Nation: Canada
Title: The adventures of Colonel Blimp - a Kaiserreich AAR
Start Date: 1-1-1936
End Date: ongoing
Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446423
Category: comedy

Last edited:
Writing a note saying that I’ll have to give up the HOI2 Library project. Something unexpected came up as unexpected things are known to do. I’ll probably even have to cancel an AAR or two. Anyway, I thought I’d let you know. Here’s a little information for whoever decides to take over. (If interested, contact a mod.)

I left off on January 9, 2008 around Page 36. Part of 2008 is finished, information which can be found on the first page of the library.

More information can be found here. It details my information gathering method to make things easier for the next person; it contains unfinished work that I hadn’t yet put into the library. You’ll have to scroll down until you see bold, it isn’t too far down.

Also, for whoever takes over, if you want to use the pic in the HOI2 library, all you have to do is contact robw963. He said he'd be able to replace my name with another.

Lastly, the two AARs posted above this message haven't been put in the library yet however, all other AARs in this thread are included.

Last edited:
Looks like it might take a while before the LibrAARy gets update, anyway:

Nation: Germany
Title: "Realpolitik - An interactive AAR concept"
Start Date: 1936
End Date /
Current Status: ongoing
A Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450168
Category: Interactive political (?)
Mod: Kaiserreich

(Not sure about the Category, if you really have to you can make it Gameplay & Roleplay)

-Laurence and Vincent, TRP

Oops. I forgot!

Nation: Nouvelle Carthage (National France (KR))
Starting Date: June 1935
Planned Ending Date: unknown
Name: Carthage Reborn
Category: Narrative/Gameplay/(poorly written) Comedy/(self pretentious) Story

Nation: Lithuania (KR)
Starting Date: 1936
Planned Ending Date: unknown
Name: Speak Lithuanian or Die - a Kaiserreich AAR
Category: Narrative