Hearts of Iron IV - Together For Victory Released!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How have sales for the expansion pass been going? Enough to justify a second one after the release of the third DLC?
Probably not as the first expansion pass was originally a preorder incentive for saving cash on future DLC?

You're not saving anything with buying the expansion pass seperately now I believe.

I don't understand the working of the new battle log feature... How the calculation is working?

I lost 45 MP in a battle at La Mancha, but the "calculated" total MP lost is 33...

Képkivágás.JPG
How many Karabiner 98k lost in the battles?
Képkivágás2.JPG

Probably not as the first expansion pass was originally a preorder incentive for saving cash on future DLC?

You're not saving anything with buying the expansion pass seperately now I believe.
I think it's a nice way to bunch DLC together, allowing people to purchase content ahead of time and in groups, making the process quicker once there's a ton of DLC out. I figured Paradox at least considered it, based on the fact that the pass was named 'Expansion Pass #1'.

Started a game as British Raj, did very well and finally started to do the Free Indian Movement (I think it's called that) only for a coup to trigger for only both me and the opposition to lose all our men.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and started a game as Australia, going facist (again) as the tech tree seemed a lot more appealing only to find out the Germans kept kicking me out of their faction constantly. On I think the 6th try they declared war on me out the blue.

Why did I pay £11 for so little, and even then it doesn't work correctly. Definitely going to ask for a refund.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Since update I get CTD....any fixes? I even unchecked Together for Victory and still CTD....so something in update.
is that supposed to be an Australian accent???

:eek:

i was the netherlands and when i have a normal production que some stuf is not buying made becouse it says i have 0.00 efciencie and when i put them up in the que it is working with like 80 or 90 eficiencie please fick it becouse i can't play right now

So far this DLC only brings one thought into my head:

TOGETHER FOR VICTORIA 3

:rolleyes:

I don't understand the working of the new battle log feature... How the calculation is working?

I lost 45 MP in a battle at La Mancha, but the "calculated" total MP lost is 33...

View attachment 224930
How many Karabiner 98k lost in the battles?
View attachment 224929

Interesting.

For the first perhaps the attacks list the sum of the allied spanish and your own losses (45 - 33 = 12 nat.spain losses) together, IF it was a joint attack ofc ... ?

For the second perhaps just the entries/output categories were switched, would post at bug forum.

Interesting.

For the first perhaps the attacks list the sum of the allied spanish and your own losses (45 - 33 = 12 nat.spain losses) together, IF it was a joint attack ofc ... ?

For the second perhaps just the entries/output categories were switched, would post at bug forum.

Reported as a bug.

Reactions:
Anyone else having issue with the 'air superiority' calculations? As Germany I had 900+ active fighters in Benelux, and allies showed 500+, and they had air superiority. I loaded the game as allies and they don't have higher tech planes. I've replayed many times to make sure I start with 2000 or so fighters (all BF109's), and still can't get good air sup. That's more than UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands combined! Any suggestions?

I'm also confused about amphibious invasions. When I try, it says I don't have enough naval superiority to do it, but the British are invading everywhere, and some of them are through zones I have 150+ % supremacy. They even have a amphibious landing fight happen at the same time my fleet attacks their transports. I'm getting very frustrated with this version. I wish it was less graphics and more solid game mechanics. I also dislike the soundtrack. I would have preferred period music.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Russians based 1300+ fighters at an airbase with cap of 600. They ran air superiority in eastern poland, with about 700-800 ftrs from a couple of other airbases. Their mission efficiency was at 0% due to overstacking, but computer gave them air superiority, and my ground campaign is crippled due to the combat penalties. This really needs to be fixed.

Reactions:
View attachment 224388

Reinforcements Have Arrived, eh? Together for Victory is Here.

STOCKHOLM – 15 December 2016 – The time has come for all the subjects of his Majesty to stand shoulder to shoulder against Fascism. Will you answer the call?

Together for Victory, the first expansion for Hearts of Iron IV, is now available on major digital retailers. This add-on for Paradox’s grand strategy epic about the tumultuous years leading to and including WWII puts the British Dominions and Commonwealth nations in the spotlight.

The major new mechanic is the Autonomy system. Nations still subject to a greater power have a range of actions available to them depending on how subservient they are. A Dominion will have some constraints on its foreign policy, but will be more independent than a puppet regime. Through decisions and actions, these subjects can assert themselves and gain full independence.

Together for Victory also includes:
New National Focuses: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and India each receive their own National Focus Trees, bringing their history to life
Spearheads: A new order simplifies breakthroughs in land invasions
Continuous Focuses: Choose a National Focus to boost your nation’s capabilities over time, prioritizing one aspect of your military machine over another
Alternate Histories: Each of the Dominion nations has alternate history branches. Lead South Africa to a Communist revolution that will end segregation but alienate Great Britain. Make Canada a Fascist state warily eyeing the giant to the south.
Tech Sharing: Cozy up to an advanced great power and take advantage of their research progress to accelerate your own development.
Combat Log: Extensive details on the performance of your divisions in battle are now available for you, Commander.
Request Lend Lease: Ask for assistance from across the seas in the form of lend lease, adding new vehicles and equipment to beleaguered armies.
New Art: New portraits for new leaders, old leaders have some portraits redone, and new unit designs and event pictures make their debut.

I would like to ask, I have bought Fieldmarshall pack of Hoi4, do we get DLC free or ?

Thank you.