Hearts of Iron IV - Together For Victory Released!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Report a bug when playing as Australia using the TFV expansion. (No mods ever installed, only the content released by Paradox)
I'm not sure where else to put this so feel free to move as necessary.
I started a new game as Australia (being Australian it felt like the right choice), I have worked part way through the focus tree to get the focus "The Singapore Strategy", initially not knowing what this would do, I then found out that it makes singapore/borneo my puppet, I thought great, I could use the oil from a puppet with lots of it.
I requested the oil from them.
At first it was saying, yep have 8 oil for 0 civilian factories, but after I accepted it, over the next few weeks, it was continuously saying "unfulfilled import request" switching on and off, I noticed the oil was coming and disappearing continuously in the military industry screen.
I though I should check to see if any one else had this issue (though I wasn't expecting anything) I noticed this thread, and it's recommendation of deleting the HOI4 folder in my documents to solve the CTD issue, thinking it may somehow be related (though unlikely) I did that, started a new game and went down the same path as before.
2 things I noticed when I tried importing the oil again, this time it was only giving me 2 options for importing oil, 0 oil for 0 factories or 18 oil for 1 factory, despite them being my puppet.
Second, it was still giving the same unfilled import request cycling on and off.
Feel free to contact me if you need, or please direct me to a more direct path to report the bug I am experiencing.

You forgot about Communist Leader in Canada, he don´t have portrait anyway. Can you please fix this? :)
And I Have question about Manchukuo...are you planning some improvements for national focus, leaders / political parties too for future of course? :)

Last edited:
Please use the Bug Reporting Sub-forum.

Bought it, disabled all mods... play as australia going to break free before the war...found no bug yet... only japan is loosing against china :-/ lets see how buffed gernany can manage this time..
Last game prior to the patch buffed germany declared war on everyone and lost on all fronts because it was just sending troops from east to west and back instead of fighting

And I was planning on getting some work done today

I bought "Together for Victory" on Steam. It downloaded it. But when I boot up the game, I just get Hearts of Iron (not the new game).

Yes, I'm a bit embarrassed about my lack of computer expertise. My thinking was that I'd buy it, it would download, and then I could start playing it.

I'm sure there is a simple answer and when I figure it out, I 'll go "Oh!"

Edit: OK, it is working now. Don't know what happened.

Bought it, disabled all mods... play as australia going to break free before the war...found no bug yet... only japan is loosing against china :-/ lets see how buffed gernany can manage this time..
Last game prior to the patch buffed germany declared war on everyone and lost on all fronts because it was just sending troops from east to west and back instead of fighting
Don't know how AI Japan is doing (as I'm playing them), but I just saw Germany manage to invade and defeat France and Poland simultaneously, with no countries buffed. I'm sort of impressed, as they usually fail at it if not helped. Italy is still a tad susceptible to naval invasions, but they have gotten much better at reacting to it.

Played my first game and the AI is doing much better at invasion. UK managed to invade japan after china beat it back from the mainland (with some help from me) and wwII actually ended before '46.

Before the tables turned, japan managed to succesfully invade parts of SE asia, so it looks like the AI is doing much better

Ooh also japan actually made australia capitulate, which was a first for me.

As good as this game is and as fun as the new update is, the ai is still awful, Germany still does not follow the historically correct path they will invade Poland and instantly go for around Maginot, the ai in hearts of iron 3 was perfect but now i see the German ai not advancing into the soviet union when there is no army on the border while the game is fun i think that it wont reach its fullest potential until the ai is fixed, who ever coded the ai for hoi3 find him get him to do it, it is the only thing letting this game down. the ai is not challenge. When i play the soviet union i want to actually have a challenge be pushed back to Moscow then be able to counter this. the august storm mod is able to achieve a lot of this.

Out of 167 reviews on Steam, 52% of people are upvoting the DLC, mostly because of cost for content, theyre complaining not enough content for the price, and that the focus trees aren't fully developed.

One example i shall grab,
As south Africa I found there wasn't much that made the country interesting or able to stand on it's own, it's national focuses were lackluster, for example there is only one focus which can gain you land and that is siding with the soviet union, furthermore your manpower is horrid and even after finishing the man power focus which adds 50% more manpower it doesnt change anything as I found myself from 100,000 to 300,000 manpower(this is not a issue but rather something I found strange considering you have more population than that, even with Lithuania I got more from extesnsive conscription and their focus tree). My main issue however is the lack of ai reaction to what you do, for example I became autonmous and nothing happens other than me being free, there was no event, nothing to make it feel satisfying.

Probably going to give this a miss until its on sale unfortunately.

I would suggest reading about South Africa to understand why manpower is low.

As well...read the foci. I sided with Britain and they gave me all their southern African colonies.

So you shouldnt just pluck random stupid comments from the Internet and repost them here.

Reactions:
hi,
could you please let us know what is the checksum for the patch Torch and what is the checksum for the expansion Together for Victory ?
thanks

I am quite displease with the fact that you have replaced the flag of Canada with the Maple Leaf Flag, which was not used until 1965, you should have stuck with the Red Ensign.

Reactions: