Hearts of Iron IV Pre-Order information and FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So clarification: The Polish Pack is free for everyone!

The reason it's a separate it's because it was developed as a separate project. It was meant to be released AFTER HoI4 was released. But since HoI was delayed, they timed up nicely and will be added for free with any purchase of Hearts of Iron IV (no matter if you pre-order or what version you buy. It's given to EVERYONE who buys HoI4 in one way or the other).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Expansion Pass #1:
Includes the first 2 expansion and it’s related content, to an estimated value of $49.99

Just want to clarify before I pre-order -these are guaranteed proper full expansion packs right like "Their Finest Hour" was for HOI III, not just packs of sprites or soundtracks?

Reactions:
So, my leaks about Polish DLC were right after all. Take that all you skeptics! Jokes aside, I'm really considering Field Marshall edition. I'll try to save up money for it.

Hi there! I have a question about Spanish language. It does not appear listed for HOI4 in either Paradox's or Steam shops. Are there future plans to release a Spanish update in the near future? Or will I have to split my free time playing/translating/modding (BTW, I never modded any game myself, but I'm eager to start soon). I wouldn't have any problem playing in English, but the friends I intend to play with would.

OTOH, if you need any help with the Spanish localization, you can count with me, people! ;)

So if we pay 40,00 Euros we get the base game, if we pay 90,00 euros we get $49.99 worth of DLC in the future and a few minor digital perks.

I think you are way overestimating the value of what you are offering in exchange for those higher prices... I'm not seeing much to make the Marshall version worth it

Reactions:
THROUGH THE PREORDERS,
AS WE MAKE OUR WAY TO RELEASE,
THROUGH THE LOGIN SCREEN,
PRIMO VICTORIA

WE'VE BEEN SAVING FOR MONTHS
NOW WE'RE READY TO BUY
AS THE GREAT RELEASE BEGINS
WE'RE THE FIRST WAVE ON THE STORE
WE'RE THE FIRST ONES TO DL
YET DOWNLOADS HAVE FAILED BEFORE

UNTIL DAWN WE WILL PLAY
WITH OUR EYES AS THE PRICE
HISTORY'S REWRITTEN TODAY
IN THIS INITIAL RELEASE
KNOW THAT FRANCE'S OP
AS THEIR FORCES ADVANCE ON BERLIN

AIMING FOR RELEASE THOUGH WAITING TO DL
MONEY IS YOURS, OUR WALLETS WILL FALL

THROUGH THE PREORDERS,
AS WE MAKE OUR WAY TO RELEASE,
THROUGH THE LOGIN SCREEN,
PRIMO VICTORIA

ON THE 6TH OF JUNE
ON THE PAGES OF THE STEAM SHOP
2016, HOI 4

WE'VE PREORDER'D BEFORE
FROM THIS KIND OF STORE
NET TRAFFIC GRIND THROUGH THE WEB
OUR ORDERS WERE EASY
IT'S BUY OR BUY NOT
MONEY ON BOTH SIDES WILL BE SPENT

UNTIL DAWN WE WILL PLAY
WITH OUR EYES AS THE PRICE
HISTORY'S REWRITTEN TODAY
NOW THAT WE PREORDER
PARADOX'S NEW GAME
THIS TIME WE KNOW WHEN IT'LL COME

6TH OF JUNE 2016
PARADOX'S FLOODING THE STORE
NO MONEY WALLET EMPTY
DOWNLOAD

goddamnit Paradox my wallet has not yet recovered from Stellaris, why do you do this to me.

Reactions:
Excellent question! Anyone?

I guess it will be similar to CK2 and EU4 where you have major expansions like Common Sense which adds and extends gameplay; there is also content pack DLCs which is music and artwork (e.g. sprites).

I presume that this means that you will get the expansion plus the related content pack.

Just want to clarify before I pre-order -these are guaranteed proper full expansion packs right like "Their Finest Hour" was for HOI III, not just packs of sprites or soundtracks?

It's for full expansions, not just sprite packs.

Reactions:
Grand Strategy Game(s)
Well, now I feel foolish. For some reason I thought you were referring to a retailer like GMG.:oops: