Hearts of Iron IV Pre-Order information and FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Pre-Orders Open For Hearts of Iron IV
New Trailer Shows Soviet Stand Against Fascist Aggression

STOCKHOLM - MAY 17- Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today announced the start of the pre-order for Hearts of Iron IV, the latest grand strategy game about one of the worlds most destructive conflicts. World War II is at your fingertips as you guide your nation, plan your research, build you forces and design sweeping battle plans that will put the world at your feet.

To illustrate the alternate history possibilities of Hearts of Iron IV Paradox has released a trailer that posits a Japanese attack on a heretofore triumphant Soviet Union. Watch it here:

f you are among those prepared to heed the call of war, eager generals can sign on today. There are three game editions available for Hearts of Iron IV:

• The Cadet edition is a standard Hearts of Iron IV release, but a pre-order will come with a new icon for the official Paradox forums and a new wallpaper.
    • The Colonel edition includes everything the Cadet version does, and also one extra icon and a special Tank Pack to add variety to the vehicles running through your enemy lines.
    • The Field Marshal edition includes everything from the lower ranked versions as well as an exclusive forum avatar and an expansion pass that will include the first two Expansion DLC packs for Hearts of Iron IV, whenever they are released.
Every pre-order comes with additional rewards no matter which version you choose to buy:

• German March Order - music pack, composed by Andreas Waldetoft.
    • Allied Radio - music pack, composed by Tobias Gustafsson.
    • Hearts of Iron: War Stories Gamebook - a branching interactive narrative where the player’s choices matter. War Stories is written by Aaron Rosenburg and features a young British RAF pilot during the Battle of Britain.
In addition everyone who purchases Hearts of Iron IV will recieve a free DLC, thePoland: United and Ready National Focus Pack. This DLC gives Poland a unique national focus tree , several 3D vehicle models, 2D art and additional leader portraits, fleshing out the experience of playing as the nation. The Poland: United and ReadyDLC will be available for all players, no matter when they choose to purchase a copy of Hearts of Iron IV.
Hearts of Iron IV is the latest version of one of Paradox Development Studio’s most popular series. Take control of any nation in the world and guide it through humanity’s most trying hours. With a new and improved battleplan system, you will be able to direct sweeping movements of troops through steppes, deserts and jungles. Area and mission based systems take the micromanagement out of naval and air combat.

FAQ

• When is the game released?
    • June 6th
  • How much does it cost?
    • €39,99/€49.99/€89.99 - please visit the product page to learn about the different options.
  • Where can I buy it?
    • It’s available through Our webshop, Steam, and other major outlets.
  • Is there a non-Steam version?
    • No. You will receive a Steam key/require Steam no matter where you buy your copy of the game. Even physical distributions will require Steam.
  • Is there physical distributions available? (Buy the game on disc)
    • You can buy physical copies in some countries (for example UK and Germany). The most obvious place to look for it is your regional Amazon.
  • What do I get from pre-ordering?
Cadet Edition

cadet.png

• German March order Music Pack:
    Songs to be played while playing countries part of the Axis powers. Composed by our talented Andreas Waldetoft.
  • Allied Radio Music Pack:
    4 songs to be played while playing countries part of the Allies coalition. Created by the talented Tobias Gustafsson
  • Game Book: Hearts of Iron:
    War Stories is a Gamebook, a branching narrative where the players choices matter. Your decisions influence which skills you learn, your relationships with other characters and even the story’s outcome. The first of these Warstories is written by Aaron Rosenburg and features a young British RAF pilot during the Battle of Britain. (The Game Book itself is a free app for iOS and Android devices with additional paid content. You get the paid content with a pre-order of Hearts of Iron IV)

Colonel Edition

colonel.png

• Heavy Cruiser Pack:
    Seven heavy cruisers available for both Axis and Allies - Exeter, Prinz Eugen and Mogami amongst others.
  • Soviet Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as Soviet, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • US Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as USA, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • British Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as United Kingdom, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • German Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as Germany, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • French Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as France, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • Wallpapers: Wallpapers made with art from the game.
  • Colonel Forum Icon:
    A icon that can be used on Paradox own forum.

Field Marshal Edition

Field Marshal.png

• Heavy Cruiser Pack:
    Seven heavy cruisers available for both Axis and Allies - Exeter, Prinz Eugen and Mogami amongst others.
  • Soviet Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as Soviet, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • US Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as USA, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • British Tank Pack:
    Eight tanks for when playing as United Kingdom, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • Wallpaper:
    Wallpapers made with art from the game.
  • Field Marshal Forum Icon:
    A icon that can be used on Paradox own forum.
  • German Tank Pack: Eight tanks for when playing as Germany, ranging from light all the way up to Super Heavy.
  • French Tank Pack:
    Unique portraits from the game to use as avatars on Paradox Forum.
  • Expansion Pass #1:
    Includes the first 2 expansion and it’s related content, to an estimated value of $49.99
  • How do I access the Game Book content?
    • The player must connect his/her Paradox account and Steam account.
    • Go to accounts.paradoxplaza.com
    • Click Settings
    • Click ”Connect” your Steam account and follow the instructions.
    • When the player logs into his/her Paradox account in the mobile app – the content is unlocked.
    • You can visit the Game Book FAQ here!
  • Does Paradox get more money if I pre-order through Paradoxplaza?
    • Yes
  • If I buy a cheaper edition, is it possible to upgrade to the more expensive one later?
    • We are looking into solutions for this. In theory, if you own a lower tier and purchase a more expensive on Steam. The value of what you already own should be discounted. If you pre-order from paradoxplaza, then you need to wait for release to be able to upgrade.
  • When will I receive my game if I pre-order?
    • You will receive a Steam key on the 6th of June if you pre-order through Paradoxplaza.com. For other retailers, please see their information.

• When will I receive my other items?
    • Everything is delivered on June 6th. Forum avatars and icons are available right away however, as long as your Paradox and Steam accounts are linked. You may have to log out and back into the forums.
  • Will the game have the option to pre-load it before release?
    • This is not an option we can offer due to issues with Grey Market and not approved retailers that are likely to scam customers.
  • I found this other retailer that is selling the game cheaper, how is that?
    • According to European law, retailers are allowed to set a different price than the suggested price. However, in the most cases, the a cheaper retailer is usually not legit or have got keys to our games in an unauthorized way. We recommend that you purchase keys from ParadoxPlaza, Steam or any other major retailers.
  • This game look interesting, but I want to know more before I purchase it.
    • There is quite a bit of game play videos available through Youtube. We suggest you check them out to see more of the game before making your decision. You can start at our own ParadoxExtra Youtube channel
  • What about that Polish DLC I've seen mentioned?
    • This will be given for free to anyone buying any version of Hearts of Iron IV ever because no World War II game would be complete without Poland.
  • The Signup bonuses?
    • These are unrelated to the pre-order and will be delivered separately.
  • What is the meaning of "Tank Packs"?
    • These are new models for the tanks when displayed on the map. It does not in any way alter what tanks you have available for your army. The only difference is that they will be displayed in game with a template model not looking like the real thing. So cosmetics only!
Important information about retailers!
There is a large so called “grey market” which has made it a business to obtain Steam keys through illegal means (false credit card information usually) that they sell under market price. The most common outcome of buying keys like this is that after a few days the game will be removed from your Steam account due to the payment never going through. You will still have paid money however, and you will not get this money back. You have been warned!

UPDATE 18/05/17
There has been some confusion about the key that you get when you pre-order. This is for the game book only, once the game releases on June 6th you will get another key which unlocks the Hearts of Iron 4 game.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Whats happened to the early sign up content? There was a secret dlc teased for those that signed up early via the website?

Reactions:
Preordered Field Marshal edition, despite being burned by preordering HoI3.

It better be worth it - if this turn into broken mess like HoI3, expect me to whine about it here, for the next 5 years.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Im confused, if polish pack comes free for everyone, preorder or not, then how is it not part of base game? Is it like women of history from eu4? how it was free for everyone

Reactions:
Is the german version uncensored now? The German Steam site shows no hint of a censorship!

I suppose for me the choice is easy. Buy at Steam Germany and risk it being censored for 40€ or buy from a retailer (worked always well for about 15 games) and get it uncensored and for 25€.

Reactions: