Hearts of Iron IV: Man the Guns is now available!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello guys. i have a question . in the ship production screen lets say playing as the US we see some ship hulls and some ship classes. i would like to have the hull as reference and tgen creating classes. how do i do that? right now if i make a lets say light carrier class ship and save it i loose the converted cruiser hull. is it there a way not to lose it ?
Duplicate the design for free first, and work with that duplicate.

Great expansion, but USA is super overpowered now. It can get like 300 Naval Experience before the war starts, without worrying about fuel.

The worst DLC in history.

It became impossible to play for the USSR (350 of my infantry divisions, reinforced by artillery, always lose to the Axis troops). The game for Germany, too, became unbearable: I can not get through Belgium and Holland, using 2 armies with 12/12 tanks/moto and 2 armies of 24 infantry divisions. Britain landed 40-50 divisions there (where did they come from in 1939? Speech about offline battle with AI), and the Allies in the region secure 4-5 thousand fighters and my air superiority fall down - and this is in 1939! If even I start fighter production with 30 factories in 1936, i can not produce 5K by 1939!

I used to play on the medium level of difficulty, now even at the easiest with the strengthening of Germany = pain and loss in 1940, because of the carpet bombing I have army uprisings begin (support of war going down), and what a dullness: the whole west my superiority in the air is also covered, but Berlin and the Center of Germany bombard the Britons - apparently, they fly under the ground, or through the territory of the USSR, because past my fighters they should not fly through the regions where I have superiority, radar and so on. Broke my favorite game, scoundrels.

How to play it now and get pleasure from the game?

Do you even read some about history of WW2?

Yep, I like play with Historical focuses - and I was asking myself: why Allies didnt won the War in 1940? MAYBE BECAUSE THAT THEY ARE NOT READY?!

Broke my favorite game, scoundrels.
Calling the developers scoundrels on their forum is probably against the forums code of conduct.

To be honest, I want to give you advice, but your post is hard to follow and kind of incoherent. I will do my best through.

2 armies with 12/12 tanks/moto
I do not know how the division is made up but that could be a huge determining factor on their effectiveness. Also, you have 24 tank division by the time you invade the Netherlands? This is where all your fighter production went. On your next attempt do not invest so heavily into light tank production since you won't need so many.

apparently, they fly under the ground, or through the territory of the USSR, because past my fighters they should not fly through the regions where I have superiority, radar and so on.
If you have radar make sure the following is done. Make sure some air wings have the interception mission on. Make sure those wings are set to do the missions at night and daytime. You should be aware though that if the AI takes certain air doctrines then intercepting them at night will be extremely difficult especially if you neglect your air doctrine research.

Britain landed 40-50 divisions
Expeditions from their worldwide empire....

In my game as Germany in man the guns I captured all of Western Europe by February 1940. I used 6-40W tank divisions. 8-10W motor divisions. More than 36-20W infantry divisions. 10-40W assault infantry divisions (2 light self-propelled guns battalions and 1 heavy tank battalion).

I have not played as the Soviet Union in the new expansion, but I will eventually.

One big problem about man the guns is that the ai spends to much research on the navy tech tree, when it would be smarter to spend it on other things. Germany and the US can get away with it, but the USSR with its 4 research slot falls even more behind. And it was already behind in research output before all of this naval extra stuff was added.