Hearts of Iron IV Leaving Game Pass 15th of May [FAQ]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDXKatten

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
QA
Oct 14, 2022
Generals! Hearts of Iron IV will no longer be available on Xbox Game Pass from May 15th. There is an article creation by Microsoft HERE but this document will serve as an active FAQ, that I will be updating with answers to the most frequently asked questions.

FAQ

Question:
Do I keep my DLCs if I bought them while owning base game with Game Pass?
Anwer: Yes, but you will have to purchase the base game on Microsoft Store to continue playing.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There seems to be a falling out between Paradox and Microsoft. "No Step Back" achievements were never fixed, "By Blood Alone" achievements were never even added. Victoria 3, which was originally planned for Game Pass, was never even released on the Microsoft Store. Now, HOI4 and EUIV are being removed from Game Pass. Not to mention with the most recent EUIV DLC, "Domination", all of the achievements are unobtainable.

Sure, the Paradox Announcement Show 2023 was sponsored by Xbox, but this behavior is showing a souring relationship.

Can you comment on this trend?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why have you removed games such as HOI4 from Game Pass?
Welcome to the Paradox Forums, Boyprince!

Your question assumes that Paradox took the decision. Do we know that?

I wonder if it's possible that Microsoft took the decision. After all, they have competing strategy games coming out soon. It's also possible that they 'constructively' removed Paradox games by offering terms that they knew were unacceptable.

I also think it's possible that Microsoft usually offers terms that work much better for them than for game developers and publishers and Paradox is now big enough to say no but not big enough to get a special deal. But this is all just speculation; I have no inside knowledge.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: