Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance will release on February 25th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to see that sweet 3D and 2D art asap.

Although I am really interested in the big fixes and adjustments overall.

giphy.gif

I can't wait to test out the new SCW!
Same here. It is just sad, that this is spain specific and not general Civil War mechanic.
But it is going to be fun.

What I'd like to know, is it possible as Republican Spain to force a split in the Nationalist camp or vice versa or is it left to chance or own miscalculations.

What I'd like to know, is it possible as Republican Spain to force a split in the Nationalist camp or vice versa or is it left to chance or own miscalculations.

The Nationalist don't have to force a split because the Republican internal fight is guaranteed, but as the Republicans you should be able to fragment the other side by depriving them of early victories. Only Franco can keep the Nationalist working together but to do so he needs to control some key areas.

The Nationalist don't have to force a split because the Republican internal fight is guaranteed, but as the Republicans you should be able to fragment the other side by depriving them of early victories. Only Franco can keep the Nationalist working together but to do so he needs to control some key areas.
So thats going to be coded in?

It would also be interesting how and if you could declare on one of the warring factions in the civil war.
Nationalists against republicans and portugal declaring war on nationalists because they want galizia.
Would they be at war with all of spain or just with the Nationalists and how would a peace deal work out then

So thats going to be coded in?

It would also be interesting how and if you could declare on one of the warring factions in the civil war.
Nationalists against republicans and portugal declaring war on nationalists because they want galizia.
Would they be at war with all of spain or just with the Nationalists and how would a peace deal work out then
Go into the Portugal dev diary there they explain how direct intervention works.

I don't want to intervene, I want a piece of Spain in a peace deal before the games decides well, Civil war is over, everything back in spanish hands

@BjornB I pre-ordered but I don't see the La Resistance forum badge under Owned Items. What happened?

Or 19.99 € cause for some reason you have to pay more in Europe...
I hate to be the party pooper, but that price tag is way too steep for the offered content, both in terms of quantity and quality. There's a bunch of fairly irrelevant content slapped together. Spanish Civil war, French resistance and alternate focus trees... meh.

Is anyone truly excited about this DLC? If this is worth 20 bucks, then a proper Barbarossa expansion is at least worth twice that.

Now, while this may sound like a rant, I'm not really complaining. Thus far I spent 80 bucks on HoI4+expansion pass and got 2,367 hours out of it. I'll happily pay 20 bucks for this disappointing DLC. But if I were to write an objective review about it, I'd have a hard time selling the value to the readers.
You can't POSSIBLY claim it to be disappointing without even playing it yet.

Yes, paradox games are expensive, but they are some of the best and the developers need the revenue to be able to support them at all.

Stop whining about an inconsequential price tag and at least offer a solution, however whiney, to their "dissapointing" features.

I don't see $20 worth of content, which is a bit awkward considering it will have been over a year since MTG released, and MTG was a week from taking a year itself. Not sure what happened to, "The next DLC after MTG is going to be smaller so we can touch base more often." Maybe the 4 programmers assigned to the team explain this? In any case, the profit margins for la resistance will be substantial, so I guess that is a silver lining for somebody.

Looks awesome but damn the wait sucks. Development is glacial on this game. I'm guessing b/c it's harder to develop for. Some thoughts about the Spanish Civil War. Currently you can't recall/rotate your Volunteers. This is a big problem historically. The Italians in total had 70,000 troops and like 700 aircraft in Spain. You can't do this in the game with the current mechanics.

Also, the main Spanish Nationalist army was stuck in North Africa and was only able to get to the Spanish mainland by getting transported there by the Italians and Germans.

Also, the Germans and Italians used their navies to help the Nationalists. They sunk a lot of Spanish Republican ships. It's not possible at all to send ships as Volunteers or lend lease ships currently.

Does anyone know the following yet:
1. Can Agencies be created by focus or event?
1a. Can they be dissolved or renamed by focus or event?
2. Can events, missions, or operations be tied to certain agents by either name or trait?

Also,
Also, the Germans and Italians used their navies to help the Nationalists. They sunk a lot of Spanish Republican ships. It's not possible at all to send ships as Volunteers or lend lease ships currently.
I agree. We need naval volunteers that would be great

allo allo this is Nighthawk, come in London, over :cool:

You can.

There is a ticking mission for a carlist uprising for the nationalists. The Francoist branch has focuses that delay the uprising, and eventually prevent it all together, but these focuses have objective based requirements. For example, you can outright guarantee the Carlist Uprising by holding the province of Toledo. Doing so prevents them from taking their focus "Save the Alcazar", which is required for them to reach the point where they can prevent the uprising.

The reasoning that Franco needs to save the defenders of the Alcazar to have the clout to sideline his political enemies in the nationalist movement. Failing a substantial victory, he is unable to to quash the Carlists.

I think it's a pretty ingenious way of encouraging historical play. For example, it would seem the most effective way of getting to Toledo quickly is to ensure that the nationalists have a strong garrison presence in Seville and Cordoba, then quickly shipping the army of Africa there and attacking north until you reach it.