Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance will release on February 25th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
STOCKHOLM - 23 January 2020 - The codes have been cracked and your agents are ready to move. The enemy will do their best to uncover your mission, but you’ve been preparing for this day for months. You will expose the collaborators and bring the vengeance of the oppressed to the very doorstep of the occupier. You are La Résistance. And the date of the operation has been set.

Paradox Development Studio is ready to announce that La Résistance, the next expansion to Hearts of Iron IV, will be available for all generals and spymasters on February 25, 2020. Hearts of Iron IV, Paradox’s best-selling strategy wargame about World War II, will now be supplemented by an expansion that highlights the challenge of governing unruly conquests and the power of well-placed spies.

Features of Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance include:
  • New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
  • More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain, including an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
  • Portuguese National Focuses: New unique focus tree for Portugal. Restore Portuguese naval power, strengthen the overseas empire or intervene in the Civil War next door.
  • Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize in certain types of information warfare and send them on special operations, or develop passive resistance to enemy espionage.
  • Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
  • Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
  • Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
  • Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas while armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance is now available for pre-order on Steam and Microsoft Store for a suggested retail price of $19.99 and will be available at Steam, Microsoft Store and the Paradox store on February 25, 2020.

Is there any new music in this dlc though? I love hoi music... Ofc I'll buy it momentarily just want to know.
Yes we got a bunch of cool new tracks in the DLC. Gonna let you listen to some samples in a diary before release

Thanks! I've preordered on Steam. I cannot wait to watch Spain reach Kaiserriech levels of civil war madness.

Off-hand question - Will the AI path chooser, in custom game set up, be updated for some nations. Poland's, United and Ready, doesn't have it being able to set to Democratic.

Yes we got a bunch of cool new tracks in the DLC. Gonna let you listen to some samples in a diary before release
I assume French, Spanish, and Portuguese themed songs? Or some kind of spy/resistance intrigue music possibly.

for a suggested retail price of $19.99

Or 19.99 € cause for some reason you have to pay more in Europe...
I hate to be the party pooper, but that price tag is way too steep for the offered content, both in terms of quantity and quality. There's a bunch of fairly irrelevant content slapped together. Spanish Civil war, French resistance and alternate focus trees... meh.

Is anyone truly excited about this DLC? If this is worth 20 bucks, then a proper Barbarossa expansion is at least worth twice that.

Now, while this may sound like a rant, I'm not really complaining. Thus far I spent 80 bucks on HoI4+expansion pass and got 2,367 hours out of it. I'll happily pay 20 bucks for this disappointing DLC. But if I were to write an objective review about it, I'd have a hard time selling the value to the readers.

will have extra fancy stuff like art/model packs so i can throw more money? U$$ 20 this is too cheap!

artworks-000192868873-6aaqaj-t500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-order? No thanks, never going to happen.
Pay and download the DLC on Feb. 25th? Not a prayer.
Read the patch list and consider the free patches? Yes, PDX still has to deliver fixed content from previous DLC's I already paid for.

Until there is a fully functional game I will not consider another DLC, but not until then.

Or 19.99 € cause for some reason you have to pay more in Europe...
I hate to be the party pooper, but that price tag is way too steep for the offered content, both in terms of quantity and quality. There's a bunch of fairly irrelevant content slapped together. Spanish Civil war, French resistance and alternate focus trees... meh.

Is anyone truly excited about this DLC? If this is worth 20 bucks, then a proper Barbarossa expansion is at least worth twice that.

Now, while this may sound like a rant, I'm not really complaining. Thus far I spent 80 bucks on HoI4+expansion pass and got 2,367 hours out of it. I'll happily pay 20 bucks for this disappointing DLC. But if I were to write an objective review about it, I'd have a hard time selling the value to the readers.

I agree about "fancy" of alternative paths, im not big fan of it, perhaps im even a hater of it. But i guess the intel stuff will add a interesting deep to the war effort, i find it promising.

Now it's time to pull the rosary out and blast Marcha de Oriamendi on full volume.