Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance will release on February 25th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have a resistance themed DLC. Choose French Resistance as a main theme, who had skirmishes and brawls compared to the bloodbaths and massive guerilla operations of Soviet, Polish, Chinese, Greek and Yugoslav partisans.

Have an espionage themed DLC. Choose French Resistance as a main theme, who focused almost entirely on espionage and sabotage, compared to other forces which fought bloody mass-actions for the vast majority of their contribution.

Is anyone truly excited about this DLC?

I am. I'm less interested in the espionage, but I have a particular bias in favour of the armoured cars, and the Spanish and French trees are a very significant improvement. The changes to occupation were badly needed, and although we're yet to see how well they work in practice they're very good in principal.

While, yes, I understand the rising frustration with Paradox DLC policy, and there are major fixes that need to be made to the game still, the contents of this expansion are in themselves nice things to get. Personally, the significant implications for the theatre have caused me to dust off my Manchukuo fixing mod that I retired when they put out its focus tree and start work on a new version of it for La Resistance.

Last edited:
I am. I always wanted to play as Falangist Spain. Im disappointed with the fact that there are no focus tree mods for Spain where Jose Antonio can take power.
Me and all my friends. Spanish civil war will be amazing, spying will make early game.much more engaging. Vichy and Free France will make great experiences.

Pre-order? No thanks, never going to happen.
Pay and download the DLC on Feb. 25th? Not a prayer.
Read the patch list and consider the free patches? Yes, PDX still has to deliver fixed content from previous DLC's I already paid for.

Until there is a fully functional game I will not consider another DLC, but not until then.

Just curious....what "fixed content from previous DLC" was "not delivered?"

Maybe I am missing something I have not noticed...

Any chance we will see selectable air equipment so that air wings on remote fronts dont eventually use the newest planes, or allowing certain wings to use specific purpose built variants?
God, I hope so.

I am. I always wanted to play as Falangist Spain. Im disappointed with the fact that there are no focus tree mods for Spain where Jose Antonio can take power.
You can, you have to exchange him in a prisoner swap, but than he becomes the leader.

Will there be any pre-purchase bonuses, like the wallpapers that came with Man the Guns?
Yes, apparently you get a "March of the Eagles" bonus track if you pre-order.

I know thats why i said im excited for the dlc. What i meant was there are no mods for spain where you can get him as leader.
Ah sorry overhead the part about mods

Maybe but, as 20 € are my personal limit for "I don't care" I wouldn't complain if it isn't great.
But I'd say it is worth it.
One we ge a total new gameplay for Spain, their civil war is looking like the most interesting part of the game
Two, espionage, come on :) I had routed for it for a long time and would have been satisfied with just EU IV espionage, but this mechanic they offer? Thats great.
They could have sold the Espionage mechanic without spain for me and it would have been it's money worth.

Haha I totally agree about pricing/worth (I think you understood that), but since I live in Switzerland I avoid talking about what is a huge amount of money or not... Some people, and it is totally understandable, could find it offensive : in my area PDX DLCs are worth a movie ticket, so they are cheap to me, but for someone living in Romania for example, it could sound like an investment. ^^
The person I was responding to could have been from such country, or do not earn very much money, hence the "maybe".;)

I admit I'm more excited to get more music than any of the content. Except Spanish civil war, which looks to be really cool.
(Not to diss any of the content, it's just that espionage isn't really my thing.
Oh, but reworked partisans and resistance forces (more depth and no more cavalry division micro-management) will be awesome, of course :p ).
Oh, and actually finally seeing where the enemy has factories and whatnot so that I know where to send my strategic bombers or advance first with my armies. Fond memories of HOI3 not remembering where anything was so that I had to draw circles and notes over provinces with factories and other important installations as my aircraft discovered them. Which now that I think of it is sort of realistic and probably should have made me feel like a real WWII commander drawing an intel map, but really just felt frustrating. PDX games should "remember" intel like that the way Age of Empires II lets you see where enemy buildings are even when they're not in your line of sight.

Have a France-themed DLC. Choose French Resistance as a main theme
FTFY.
Yeah, French-Spanish-Portugese DLC gets French resistance, funny how these things keep happening.