Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance will release on February 25th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice, I'm still on the fence, so Ill be awaiting for reviews (and probably a discount) before I buy it.
Until then I'm sure the free content and achievements can give me a few good hours.

Thanks! I've preordered on Steam. I cannot wait to watch Spain reach Kaiserriech levels of civil war madness.

Off-hand question - Will the AI path chooser, in custom game set up, be updated for some nations. Poland's, United and Ready, doesn't have it being able to set to Democratic.
Wait, isn't democratic the Historical Path?

Well, looks like we've seen everything for new mechanics. - just an artwork, music, maybe 1 more bag of tricks, and a wrap up DD. No AI or Modding DD (we already know that the AI won't react differently with Intel, it already sees all and has an idiocracy parameter to reduce even that). Lots of unknowns with what naval and airforce intel really brings to the table, besides more accurate ship/plane counts.

@BjornB Will there be a AI dev diary before release?
I understand that this is constantly being worked on. However it would be interesting to see a more structured presentation/ discussion on the developers focus and work in the areas that can be developed further. There hasn't really been such a structured presentation since the , i think, together for victory DLC... whenever the game had a dedicated AI-developer:)
(For example terrain "consideration" for AI roles or whatever.)

I kind of forgot the collaboration goverment change, in this new DLC if i take over a territory with a weak pop nation do I got the option to get more than the 2% max manpower from non cores?

Or 19.99 € cause for some reason you have to pay more in Europe...
I hate to be the party pooper, but that price tag is way too steep for the offered content, both in terms of quantity and quality. There's a bunch of fairly irrelevant content slapped together. Spanish Civil war, French resistance and alternate focus trees... meh.

Is anyone truly excited about this DLC? If this is worth 20 bucks, then a proper Barbarossa expansion is at least worth twice that.

Now, while this may sound like a rant, I'm not really complaining. Thus far I spent 80 bucks on HoI4+expansion pass and got 2,367 hours out of it. I'll happily pay 20 bucks for this disappointing DLC. But if I were to write an objective review about it, I'd have a hard time selling the value to the readers.
For the Spanish civil war alone I would pay this. Also I am.sucker for alt history for minors so the Portugal tree has me really excited.

Woo, much excitement :) Better get myself a fourth rotor for my enigma machine to keep my communications safe :D

it already sees all

Where has this been established? I've always found the AI has reacted after-the-event to things like naval landings and strategic movements of troops, or new fleet orders (ie, the AI reacts when the fleet gets there, not when the order is given). As best I understand it, the team are always working on the AI, and it's continued to improve. I agree an AI DD would be cool :).

Awesome!

Can't wait to buy it!

Excited for the SCW changes as well as the resistance/compliance changes. That is one of my biggest complaints and frustrations with the current game.

@BjornB Will there be a AI dev diary before release?
I understand that this is constantly being worked on. However it would be interesting to see a more structured presentation/ discussion on the developers focus and work in the areas that can be developed further. There hasn't really been such a structured presentation since the , i think, together for victory DLC... whenever the game had a dedicated AI-developer:)
(For example terrain "consideration" for AI roles or whatever.)

It will be a part of one of the remaining DD's before release, yes

Nice, was hoping it would be a February release rather than March. I wish HOI4 was getting two DLCs per year though :(