- Apr 2, 2012
STOCKHOLM - 25 February 2020 - Conquest is never easy, but the 20th Century brings new challenges. More infrastructure means more opportunities for disruption. Radio links saboteurs and freedom fighters across occupied territory. It is never hard to find willing collaborators, but it takes a lot of work to put them in place. Direct resisters, special agents, and quislings can all be found in Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance.
La Résistance is the newest expansion to Paradox’s best-selling grand strategy wargame about the Second World War. In La Résistance, your nation has new resources at its disposal. At the center of the game is the Intelligence Agency that lets you train and deploy spies to undertake special missions cracking codes, stealing secrets and assisting resistance activities in the occupied lands of your conquered allies.
Features of Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance include:
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
- More in-Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain, including an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
- Portuguese National Focuses: New unique focus tree for Portugal. Restore Portuguese naval power, strengthen the overseas empire or intervene in the Civil War next door.
- Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize in certain types of information warfare and send them on special operations, or develop passive resistance to enemy espionage.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas while armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
- New music tracks
Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance is now available on Steam and the Paradox and Microsoft Stores for a suggested retail price of $19.99 / £19.99 / €19.99.