Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance Announced

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm.... worried that the espionage and other features are going to be somewhat overwhelming, esp. in Multiplayer or for those who like playing at 3 Speed or higher. I already thought juggling land, sea, and air and the industrial sector was getting hard, but now espionage, resistance, protecting spies, and so on...?

I can see it being really manageable pre-war but during the war...?

I really hope PDX streamlines warfare or at least makes the battleplanner AI competent because I worry i'm now going to have to babysit all these new features :S

I think it's a bit early to say that Italy will not be included, they didn't confirm anything yet. Maybe they are just keeping the new Italian focus tree a surprise.

Not necessarily, Portugal was only mentioned on stage in passing, it isn't ruled out yet.
Indeed, that's why I'm asking.
I'm remaining hopeful until we receive a confirmation that Italy won't be getting a new FT.

No Italy in a DLC with Mediterranean countries and civil wars. My sentiments about the DLC are mixed now, I do love what it's being introduced but Italy is nearly as bad as the USSR and this was a great chance to rework them.

That unless it comes with the free patch entirely and that's something I doubt it will happen

We considered Italy but with such a gigantic and deep spanish tree, huge french one and really wanting to get Portugal in (great interaction with SCW and other stuff) we would have had to settle for a smaller Italy tree, and that didnt feel right. Expect it in a future DLC where we can make it as big as it truly deserves

Welp, there's the confirmation.
I guess it's fair enough, though I can't help but be a bit disappointed.
Still think this expansion is looking great however.

One takeaway I get from this upcoming Franco-Iberian DLC tho is how this can also help in other theaters of war.

For example: as Japan, I can lay the foundations of collaborationist governments across Asia and the Pacific for relatively easier conquests later on.

We considered Italy but with such a gigantic and deep spanish tree, huge french one and really wanting to get Portugal in (great interaction with SCW and other stuff) we would have had to settle for a smaller Italy tree, and that didnt feel right. Expect it in a future DLC where we can make it as big as it truly deserves

Yeah, I understand. Though give how massive could be the rework of the USSR those two aren't coming together.

Anyway, congratulations on the trailer, it was as amazing as you said it would be :)

This sounds awesome! I’m actually glad they’re not doing an Italy rework, as the tree is more or less fine as it is*, and I hope that frees up time for more quality assurance and in-depth content for the other content. Love the resistance theme!

*although an Italian Civil War event/decision is kinda overdue.

B-but next big DLC should be with SOV and POL rework, r-right?

(...)interface improvements to battleplans and air operations(...)
I guess if it's "interface" only, not much will change. However, if for some reason you get rid of the constant relocating of air targets, which is soooo annoying, regardless if playing against human or ai, you can take all my money.

But, but, no mention of 'naval combat interface improvements' ? Out of the interface improvements, naval combat is the one that needs to be improved the most. At the very least add an ability to make Fleet Templates act as actual templates. Let me make a fleet out of the Template directly. Right now i have to select split a fleet to get a single ship, then select that ship, then select the template, then apply my template icon. If i have to repeat it for every small task force, it's so frustrating. If you allowed for empty fleets (fleets that have 0 ships, but await reinforcements) then making 10 fleets would be as easy as clicking on a template 10 times. (Template should also save the icon it's using, so i don't have to reassign the same icon for the same type of fleet every time)

Also: Awesome trailer !