Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 59 - D-Day

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Hi everyone, todays diary was a bit late because we are all busy with the release, but here we go:

Its a wierd feeling to finally be able to release a game we have poured so much heart, hard work and sweat into over the last few years. A mix of pride in the team and the game and butterflies in your stomach as the assault ships close in on the beaches of Normandie.

The weather finally seems to hold up and we expect to make landing on the evening of June 6th after long preparations. You can join us in the Higgins boats for the last stretch up the beach as we will be streaming the game 15:00-19:00 CEST and have most of the team come by to answer questions and hang out.

To best prepare to meet the German pillboxes and other obstacles we recommend checking out these briefings from Jake:

There are also some After Action Reports from some of our betas to read here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/hearts-of-iron-4-after-action-reports-aar.947/

And finally, lots of streams out there now so make sure to check those out!

See you in streams and next friday when I expect we will be talking about how the release went!

@Sideburnout sorted out an extra wallpaper as well, enjoy:
hnXHMTW.jpg

gQd00MJ.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
\o/ Been watching these, need more, or release the game sooner.... either will work for me :)

I take it these tutorial vids are integrated into the help system you have developed for the game? or are they just a wiki links?

Reactions:
Good luck with the release of the game! :)

Reactions:
Is there going to be a demo like there was for some of the other games?

Reactions:
Good luck to all the team !
Finally the war is coming over us !

I waited for this game for almost 2 years, reading carefully every DD, watching all video, WWW, examine the Twitter of each dev for fresh screens, like a drug addict.
Putting my hand on HoI4 on tuesday (can't play on monday, the game will release when I have to go to work for the night) will be like buying a ton of cocaine.

Reactions:
@podcat -- Congratulations to you and your team. HOI4 is going to be fantastic -- maybe a little rough around some edges at launch, but that's to be expected in a game this ambitious and complex. And over time it will become a polished gem.

Hats off you to guys. This is an amazing achievement and I cannot wait for D-Day. :cool:

Reactions:
SUPPRESSING FIRE!!!!! Woohooooooooooo, it's been a long war Podcat, I'm ready as I can be to hit the beaches. Last stop Berlin!!! Thanks to all the team, can't wait!! :)

Reactions:
Have been waiting the release day for 2 years now. Also followed the dd since the beginning. I bet it will be the greatest release of a paradox game ever. Congrats to the whole team and all the best to projects to come.

Reactions:
Is there going to be a demo like there was for some of the other games?
no, but if you buy on steam you can get refunds if you dont like it within a time period

Reactions:
Its been a long and sometimes a painful journey! But now the wait is almost over. Its like, what now, I dont have anything else to look forwayd to anymore.. not being able to be like a six year old waiting for the WWW videos.. or the dev diaries.. Maybe life will be for the better when I now can play .. But i will miss it!

Reactions: