Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 59 - D-Day

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been following this game since it was announced. Its been a long haul but is nearly there. Thanks for your (and the teams) dedication!
Would be awesome if they did a Scott Cawthon and just released it out of the blue :D .

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne..."

This message was broadcasted on June 1-2-3 1944 as a warning to French resistance of a coming landing.

Then on the 5 of June the ending of the sentence, "...blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone", was broadcasted as a warning of an imminent landing launching sabotage operations.

Reactions:
I can't tell you how eager I am to play this. It's been a long wait but I suspect it will be very worth it. From all the videos I have seen the game looks amazing and it looks like a hell of a lot of time has been put into it to make it balanced and stable. I feel really good about it working well out of the box on day one. I wish you were just releasing sooner on Monday morning so I can download it before I go to work. : )

Will we be able to download the game pre-release? I figure it won't be a huge download, but it kinda comes in handy.

I will hold my congratulations until after the release. The game was announced on my birthday, all of us together had to endure many setbacks and I have always been in favor of postponing release until the game is properly finished. Let's hope it will ship that way on Monday. I still remember HoI2 and (even worse) HoI3 releases...Guess I won't be able to sleep on Sunday, the excitement is real. I just hope to not be disappointed, especially since July is an off month for Paradox, so there won't be much fixing happening.

Reactions:
Finally the day we have been hoping for is withing reach. Its been a long 2 years with high hopes and shattered expectations but the end results was worth the wait.

Lets meet this invasion head on brothers, man the defenses, get those panzers rolling.

For the Axis!!!

Last edited: